Quantcast
Mix buss compressor set up. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mix buss compressor set up.
Old 24th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Mix buss compressor set up.

Hi folks. I have tried to set up my mix buss compressor into my set up the best way I can. I would apreciate advice on whether this is an ok way or there is a better way. (without spending more money, as I have bought all I can just now)

I have:

focusrite saffire soundcard. 8 outputs. 2 - inputs

tapco mix 260fx mixer. 4 mono channels, 4 stereo channels. inserts on the mono channels only, no master inserts. 2 sub out channels.

drawmer 1968 compressor. (please dont flame me for having a drawmer and a tapco in the same sentence... my mixer upgrade will be next.. but I have a wedding to pay for lol)

I am using all of my saffire outputs for channels into the mixer - mixture of mono or stereo depending on what I need. using upto 7 max of the mixer channels. I then assign each of these 7 channels to the sub mix channels.

I then take the sub outs into the drawmer and then back into the 8th channel of the mixer, which I assign to the main mix. And this works for me.

But if there are any better ways I would love to hear
📝 Reply