Quantcast
Video Training, ummm, okay.. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Video Training, ummm, okay..
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Video Training, ummm, okay..

I recently purchased a video training download for a APPLE LOGIC plug in for sound design a few months ago and the past few days I was looking at Lynda.com for some training on a very popular VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT.

My question is, why can't these places get composers and/or people that can create something that is actually very useful? What I mean is, I am not a PRO, at least I don't think so, but have scored some feature film trailers(Wonder where a good place to start is, re: getting an agent) and the information and stuff you get from training can sound awful..

Anyone know what I mean? I won't mention the software that I am talking about but just wonder why these training companies always get someone that creates beds, or cues that really are not that useful or sound pretty bad compared to say having Doug Rogers from EWQL create a training video on how to use (fill in the blank) as I would imagine it would sound quite stellar.

Just wondering. Maybe there is something out there that really does turn on the light bulb in your head?!?!?!?!

?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…