The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fireface 400 midi hangs Minimoog Voyager and Roland JD-990
Old 24th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Fireface 400 midi hangs Minimoog Voyager and Roland JD-990

Hi Gear-slutz users! I am new to the forum

Please help in my situation:

I have a Minimoog Voyager synth connected to Fireface midi 1 and Roland JD-990 synth to Fireface midi 2.

1) when I try editing parameters from external editor through midi it hangs a note on a Minimoog synth, sound pitch is going down and all synth is hang. I have to reboot it to function. Once it happened it crashed all os and I have to reinstall it.

2) the same thing with Roland, and also when I send sysex preset through midi it hangs synth immediately and after rebooting it all os is crashed and i have to do factory reset.

The Fireface driver is latest 2.94, hardware revision 1.67. OS - Windows XP. Laptop - Macbook Pro.

I have read many posts with midi conflicts and tried miditest program. It shows Directmusic and Sysex error all the time but I have read it is normal. Some error is sysex time out. And some is expecting one numbers received others.

Old 28th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
It is a definitely a sysex conflict. Changing sysex editor or its parameters partially helped.

I'll observe it further.
📝 Reply