Quantcast
riddeled with choices for a desk need help:S:S:S:S - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
riddeled with choices for a desk need help:S:S:S:S
Old 23rd January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
riddeled with choices for a desk need help:S:S:S:S

ive been shoppping rnd for about 2 months now for a mxing desk, but im studk, some are too expensive some are going to cost more too hook up to protools, i was hoping someone on here could help me find a mixing desk like the mackie d8b but cheaper, im desperate for a 24 channel as well, anyone can help that would be great.
thanks
tom adams
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Yeah, you got a problem. I know exactly where you're coming from. I use a d8b, but only for an interface, signal routing, aux sends to headphone mixes, monitor switching, etc. I don't use the mic pres!! It doesn't control my DAW and I don't want it to. Just the simple tasks; tracking to my DAW. I let my high end pieces do my processing. It is a cheap alternative to "modern day" gear and will get you 75% there. Got mine for $1500 on ebay with about $2500 worth of cards installed. Fairly cool. NOT high end!!! Can be a decent tool if used for the right applications. Keep looking, you'll find what you need. Or at least something you can start with and add on more later. Hope this helps in your search...
📝 Reply