Quantcast
How many bands do you think use play bots on myspace.... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How many bands do you think use play bots on myspace....
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
How many bands do you think use play bots on myspace....

It seems to me most bands that get famous (Quote unquote) now adays, are botting on myspace...or know someone in the business...

A few bands that are from st louis, i know for sure bot...but it seems like some of these bands even get signed and put on tour...?????

For example, a band i know got signed to a decently large indie label...because they had a million plays on myspace and "seemed" to be doing well...but when i checked out there plays compared to profile views and comments, there is no way in creation that it would be possible to get this amount of plays.?

Are the labels that sign these band ignorant to the fact that the bands are fakes or what?

I mean, when you record a band, and they sound alright, but end up getting 4k plays a day on an alright record, you've got to know somethings up?

Does anyone keep in touch with these bands, or even notice this?

*edit* i have also BEEN and played shows with these bands and they are HORRIBLE! or dont bring anyone!

im just really confused about this...i just hate seeing good music being over looked because someone buys a Play bot for myspace....
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It seems Myspace does a bit of click fraud - I have a myspace that has very few friends, so I know its not getting much traffic, then if I open it and click reload repeatedly, the profile views counter is not consistent with the number of times I click reload. You'd think it would not even count hits if they are from the same IP address in quick succession, but sometimes the counter goes up 1, sometimes 5, sometimes 40. They get more revenue from their sponsors if they show a higher amount of traffic..
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…