M-Audio ProFire 410/610 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-Audio ProFire 410/610
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Maniac

5 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
M-Audio ProFire 410/610

Hey everyone! I've just recently entered the world of recording technology, but i'm hooked already. I'm trying to start up a mobile studio so I can record recital and concerts around campus and the surrounding area.
The only problem is my interface is a Line 6 Tone Port UX2. IMO it was great for starting out and figuring out how everything works. It's cheap. But now I'm realizing how terrible the pre-amps are for anything other than guitar and just half decent for vocals. But other than that things sound terrible.
So I've been looking at the M-audio 410 or 610 and wondering how those do. I'm a trumpet player so I'm primarily concerned about how they do with brass, but I'd like it to do well all around. Are their pre-amps as good as M-Audio claims to be?
I'm also looking a good pair of mics that i could use in an XY setup. Suggestions? PS I am in college so the kinder they are to the wallet the better.
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
The 610 is the one to go for as it's part of M-Audio's latest line which includes the Profire 2626 I have here. Mic pres are usable, plenty of I/O and it's compatible with Protools M-Powered which may or may not be a plus for you. It also has an ASIO driver for use with other software. I haven't actually had my hands on the 610, but if it's anything like the 2626 it's a well built unit.
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

5 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Yeah, Protools is a big plus. I've been using Ableton Live but it just doesn't do everything you need it to do.
It look to me from the M-Audio site that the 610 is the same as the 2626 with fewer I/Os and pres. What kind of stuff do you use your 2626 for?
Old 10th March 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
M-Audio Firewire 410 midi sync

Hello everyone,

I have a Macbook with MAudio 410 and Axion 25.
I use also a loop station RC-50 BOSS.
Anybody knows how can i sync the computer with the loop station via Midi (trough 410 or Axion 25)?

Thanks
Pablo
๐Ÿ“ Reply