Uk Peeps. Turnkey Music Store? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Uk Peeps. Turnkey Music Store?
Old 21st January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Uk Peeps. Turnkey Music Store?

Hello all,

I'm dying to order something from the Turnkey website. Ya'know the business that famously kicked the bucket last year with soundcontrol.

Do any of you know whether they are still trading? I don't want to presume just because their website is still up that they are open for business.

I've sent emails but no reply.

Cheers.
Old 21st January 2009
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubixcube ➑️
Hello all,

I'm dying to order something from the Turnkey website. Ya'know the business that famously kicked the bucket last year with soundcontrol.

Do any of you know whether they are still trading? I don't want to presume just because their website is still up that they are open for business.

I've sent emails but no reply.

Cheers.
It's a new operation, someone bought the name and is running it as a web-only concern. The shop on Charing Cross Road is long-shuttered...

It's owned by the unfortunately-acronymed PMT now, which also runs this website:

Professional Music Technology - 01702 332743

So if you have trouble contacting Turnkey, try PMT... same business, different website.

Hope that helps.
Old 21st January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I recently noticed their website was still up and running.....saw a product i was looking for, for an excellent price (better than anywhere else).....went and ordered it. A day later the order got canceled with no explanation....(no problems on my side).
Basically i'd take their advertised prices with a pinch of salt.
Old 21st January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Turnkey

Did a wee search and found these links -

http://www.dv247.com/turnkey - this say that Turnkey ceased trading, however,

PMT secures purchase of Turnkey and Soho Soundhouse | Musical Instrument Professional | News by Mi Pro - this site say that the brands were bought by PMT.

I bought from Turnkey before the bankruptcy and never had a problem with them, but I would wait until you atleast get a reply from the new owners before buying.

heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Turnkey had great prices, and even better 'throw-out and end of line' prices. However!, the muppets that worked there had zero idea about anything except churning and burning unsuspecting people with crap recommendations. If you know or knew what you were looking for then it was a good trade, otherwise it might be same again with this new lot... but I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.

I mean i love being told that 'The SM57 is one of the most loved industry standard condenser mics around... there is a reason why EVERY studio has one'.. ** Wiggy nods head.. "Uh Huh!!!"**

Cheers
Wiggy
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
That does help me indeed. Thanks everyone.

Their website has the great river pre (500 series) for Β£528, pretty good price like considering everywhere else is charging well over Β£600.

I shall phone up tomorrow and try my luck with that amount. Fingers Crossed huh.

Thanks again.
Old 17th April 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Turnkey Web Store

I've just had the same experience: Order cancelled and credit card refunded.
Old 17th April 2009 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut ➑️
Turnkey had great prices, and even better 'throw-out and end of line' prices. However!, the muppets that worked there had zero idea about anything except churning and burning unsuspecting people with crap recommendations. If you know or knew what you were looking for then it was a good trade, otherwise it might be same again with this new lot... but I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.

I mean i love being told that 'The SM57 is one of the most loved industry standard condenser mics around... there is a reason why EVERY studio has one'.. ** Wiggy nods head.. "Uh Huh!!!"**

Cheers
Wiggy
When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Old 17th January 2010
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hmm β€”*getting worried β€” placed order on 13th Jan 09 and got this email when the funds came out my account (I particularly like the email and fake-US phone number...):

--message begins--

[Turnkey Logo]
Processing.

Dear Customer, We are currently processing your order, we are unable to supply these goods until the last week of January due to a stocking issue. If you are unable to wait till then please contact us to request cancellation of your order. Many Thanks Turnkey Sales

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or by phone at (555) 555-0123.

Thank you again,
Turnkey Store

--message ends--
πŸ“ Reply