Any thoughts on the Kurzweil k2600s keyboard - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any thoughts on the Kurzweil k2600s keyboard
Old 1st April 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Any thoughts on the Kurzweil k2600s keyboard

Hey guys,
I need to add another keyboard to ny studio, I'm just a guitar player what do I know. Anyone have any pro's/con's on the Kurzweil k26oos?
Thanks for your help.
Makoto

What would you think is a good price for new/used?
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Here's a link to the K2600 Video tutorials. Check them out.
Then you'll know what it can do.

ftp://ftp.youngchang.com/pub/Kurzwei...ideo_Tutorial/
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
This is off topic, but since you raised the issue of keyboards...

as a pianist/keyboard player, i can whole-heartedly recommend the Yamaha S-90 for both piano sound and action to any studio owner who doesn't have the room or money for a decent "real" piano.

It's by far the most pianistically responsive keyboard I've ever played. Plus it has a thousand or so other sounds from the Motif, and the street price is only $1899 (at least in the USA). In feel and timbre, it is way above its competitors.

I've even had a couple of diehard haters of all electronic/sampled pianos who were grudgingly amazed.

Now, if only Yamaha (and Korg, and Roland...) could learn how to write a decent manual!!!!! (I don't understand why they can do it for their pro audio line, but not for their keyboards!!!!)
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
makoto,

it is by far the best sounding piano sample to be had in a box, IMHO. get the Piano Rom addon. the problem is, that although the other sounds are good ( well some really good) There is nothing else it does that beats out my Roland or Korg gear. Plus, the 2600 weighs a frickin ton, really heavier than I think it should be ( maybe it sounds so good because there is a piano in there?) Also, I have had key problems with each of the 4 k2500/2600s the organization I work for has, and I have never met a Kurtz that really likes travel.

In short, try the piano sounds out, if you cant live without em, buy a 2600. if you can , buy something else.

have you looked into a software samplier or the like?
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Here are some mp3 demos as well.

http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/...600_demos.html
๐Ÿ“ Reply