Quantcast
CAD VX2 valve mic - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CAD VX2 valve mic
Old 11th February 2018
Here for the gear
Good morning all, I have a matched pair of these (CAD VX-2) I bought from the NY representative. Supposedly they were the property of the president of the company as a demo. I will say, I have used these in many different types of recordings and as long as you get up fairly close they sound absolutely fabulous...they are clean, quiet and have a transparency that I remember when using the old Telefunken ELAM 251's. Since I record a lot of pipe organ and need to get high up, I made up a new holder system that allows you to mount them as you would a 251 and that is straight up with no weight hanging forward. I welcome any questions you may have about them and also messages by people that do have them I guess they are quite rare. I would not give mine up!
Old 17th June 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonauta ➡️
The reason I'm interest is because there's a great brazilian Bossa-Funk album that used the VX-2 in all the vocals, and it sounds great! A project that really reflects the way I would like to sound.
The album was made in a studio which have tons of tube Neumanns, Telefunken, C12, even RCA... and CAD was the winner for this project... Taking account it's a mid-price range mic, I would like to get one... But now, aware that it's discontinued, I don't know.
I know this an old thread, but the VX2 is a wonderful microphone, better than many vintage legends, in my opinion. I'm Brazilian, and for curious now, which one is that Bossa-Funk album you are talking about?
Old 24th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile ➡️
I know this an old thread, but the VX2 is a wonderful microphone, better than many vintage legends, in my opinion. I'm Brazilian, and for curious now, which one is that Bossa-Funk album you are talking about?
Oh man... 15 years ago, at the time of this post, I was digging Luiz Paulo Serafins sound a lot, a great mixer that you as Brazilian may know.
If I recall correctly the CAD was used in one of Pedro Mariano's album recorded at Trama.
Old 7th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Pretty old thread, I know. But I'm looking for a VX2 in good shape. If anyone still has one and wants to sell, please PM me.

TJ
Old 12th January 2021
Here for the gear

I know this is an old thread but I am in dire need of some assistance.
I own a VX2 and I pulled my studio down when moving a while back and recently set it back up. The issue is all of my leads were bagged up together (neatly of course) I plugged what I thought was the lead to the power supply but it is not turning on. The fuse is a 5a and I am wondering if I need a bigger fuse.. does anyone know what fuse it takes?.

Also, on the chance that the fuse is not causing the issue and I have a faulty power supply, can I get it fixed anywhere? CAD aren't helpful at all.
Or can I purchase just the power supply from anywhere? The search has been difficult and I am at my wits end. Any assistance would be so welcomed.
Old 4th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Selling my excellent condition VX2. PM me if you're interested.
Old 8th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
CAD doesn't make the PSU anymore. I bought the last one they had about a decade ago. Sorry.
📝 Reply