Quantcast
What nuendo plug ins to buy? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What nuendo plug ins to buy?
Old 26th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
What nuendo plug ins to buy?

I just got my Nuendo rig and I'm wondering what plug in's I should get. This is my first DAW and I really have no idea where to start looking for stuff like this.

I record mostly rock, indie and punk stuff. I have a nice selection of outboard but I am curious about what plug ins are 'standard'.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thadd
BlackCat Studios
Old 26th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I would start with the Waves Plug ins, and then I would look into powered DSP cards such as the TC Electronics Powercore, or the Mackie/Universal Audio UAD - 1. That ought to keep you busy for quite some time
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
one of the few other "native" manufacturers worth checking out are these boys:

www.ohmforce.com

demos are available
Old 27th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
definitely save up and buy the waves platinum bundle. you'll never regret it.
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Don't forget PSP Audioware . VintageWarmer is a MUST - especially if you're doing rock. I bought all their plugins and they all sound phenomenal! The Lexicon delays, and MixPack are essential. VintageWarmer will bring warmth and punch that no other native plugins can.
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help. I knew I came to the right place.

Thadd
BlackCat Studios
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: What nuendo plug ins to buy?

I suggest you demo, demo, demo there are so many things to try and price differences- well worth making your own choices over before you buy.
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thaddius,

What converters did you decide to use with Nuendo?
Have you don any track count tests?
Just curious.
Old 28th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by theunity
definitely save up and buy the waves platinum bundle. you'll never regret it.
i know if i bought the waves platinum at that price point, i would be regretting it daily. can you buy them individually? because there are only a few that are worth owning. if you buy waves, i would suggest just getting the renpack for a LOT less.

if you are on a MAC, Altiverb is mandatory. its really the only plugin i have come across that is fully worth every single penny. PSP are worth the money just because they are cheap as hell and sound great for the money.

i have a ****load of plugins on my machine right now and the reality is there are only a few that excite me... the rest are just lofi effects.
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
i know if i bought the waves platinum at that price point, i would be regretting it daily. can you buy them individually? because there are only a few that are worth owning. if you buy waves, i would suggest just getting the renpack for a LOT less.
Yeah, that's not a bad point. I know I mentioned the Platinum above, but I actually just have the Ren and Masters bundles. Though, since he's in Nuendo, he'll be buying the Native version, which is a lot cheaper than TDM.
Old 30th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
The UAD-1 is great and so is the TC Powercore as well as the Waves stuff. I'd get the UAD-1 if I was only able to have one option. It is strong in the compressor area while the TC is strong in the verb and EQ area. Take care Logan
Old 30th March 2003
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Sonic Timeworks are generally the best IMO. I have the Waves Platinum bundle, and the UAD-1 card also but they don't quite come to the level of the ST. I thought for a while that the L2 limiter would be an improvement over the ST mastering limiter/compressor. After I did a quick comparison a couple of days ago between the two on the same two projects that I am mastering, it won hands down. I went back and redid 5 projects with the ST limiter (luckily all the bands are still waiting to replicate).
πŸ“ Reply