Quantcast
L shaped live room? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
L shaped live room?
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
L shaped live room?

Any major problems in building a L shaped room for tracking drums in? I have the space to build a fairly big live room, just wondering if their's anything wrong acoustically to building a L shaped room.
Old 24th March 2003
Founder

Avoid right angles?

"sort of" L shaped would probably be FAR better,

Watch out for flutter echos!
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you start with a L shape or is that becourse you already had to cut the control room?

You could build the control room into 1/3 of the diagonal. That way you will have a more open space.

But than again a L is a good shape to seperate two sound sources!
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
L-Shaped rooms rock. The L gives a space for energy to load off to instead of just bouncing back. It also gives more places to tuck instruments into where their sounds will mingle but not go so direct. Love them.
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If i build it L shaped itll end up being over 500 sqft, the largest room I rectangular room i could get would be around 300 sqft. Its a weird layout, and theres some structure stuff I have to work around so I'm sort of forced to go with an L if i want something with decent size. Ceilings will angle from 10 to 13 feet.
Old 25th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Rob darling made some good points. My main room is L shaped and it rocks for those reasons alone. Doing live all at once demos come out surprisingly good since i can keep everyone in the same room without headphones and stick the amps in certain directions away from each other. As long as you treat the ends with some sort of acoustic treatment I think you will like it. Jules is right on with the flutter echoes. Treat the walls where their are reflective problems. This is only my experiance with an L shape. I dont know if it is theoretically correct but it works for my situation.
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't have an L shaped room...but some of my clients sound like "L"...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…