Quantcast
Should I Fix My D-12? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I Fix My D-12?
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Should I Fix My D-12?

I bought an AKG from a buddy that has never worked. Took it to AKG last week to get an estimate to fix it. They need to replace the capsule and want $180.00 to do it...Is it worth it? I bought it for $70.00
Old 23rd March 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Are you sure it's the capsule and not the wiring on it? The mic is probably worth about $200 in working condition but I've seen some fruitcakes pay up to $400 for one. In that light $250 for a working mic isn't bad AS LONG AS they don't put a D112 capsule in there. I'd probably spend the dough and get it fixed.
Old 23rd March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
If you decide not to fix it, I'd buy it from you. I could use the spare parts!
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just sell it on ebay listed as "Untested, but worked that last time I tried it" like every other smuck. If that doesn't work, forge John Lennon's autograph on it and sell it as a Beatles collectable.
heh
Old 23rd March 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Re: Should I Fix My D-12?

Quote:
Originally posted by vodka gimli
I bought an AKG from a buddy that has never worked. Took it to AKG last week to get an estimate to fix it. They need to replace the capsule and want $180.00 to do it...Is it worth it? I bought it for $70.00
Who did you talk to at AKG? I remember that one of the guys over there was very good, and a couple of others weren't...

If I were you, I'd also give Bill Bradley at the Mic Shop a call.
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just spoke to the woman at the front desk at AKG.

I'm not familiar with Bill Bradley...is he in Nashville?...Do you have a number for him?...can I tell him you sent me?

Thanks!!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…