Quantcast
Know of a good Tech in the Bay Area to fix a D&R console?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Know of a good Tech in the Bay Area to fix a D&R console??
Old 17th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Know of a good Tech in the Bay Area to fix a D&R console??

Need some work done to our Orion console (replacing some caps on the master summing bus)

Thanks
Alex
Old 17th March 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
First place I'd call is Audio Images 957****31

(I'm not affiliated with them)
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Alex... man.. Longtime no-see.

I'd call Jack Crymes 415-454-6006. He's done some very fine work on some precious gear of mine, and does stuff for Studio D and many others. He may not know the D+R intimately, but if you have schematics or a tech manual at all, I'd trust him to do a good job. D+R should have the schematics available anyway.

-dave

ps: Joyce is due 6/29. Give a call sometime
Old 30th April 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Re capping console

You will have to test all of the capacitors in the console and especially those capacitors in the power supply where there large amount of heat build up. To re-cap this console properly you will need an oscilloscope to look at the ripple frequency amplitude in the the power supply very important and you will also need a distortion analyzer to measure the amount of Total Harmonic Distortion Plus Noise between 20 Hertz to 20 thousand kilo Hertz (20Hz-20kHz). Capacitors in the console also affect frequency respond so you will have to measure frequency respond between 20Hz to 20kHZ. Your frequency respond must be flat or 0dB.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…