Subharmonic Synth: I hate to even ask . . . [B-word advisory] - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Subharmonic Synth: I hate to even ask . . . [B-word advisory]
Old 16th March 2003
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Subharmonic Synth: I hate to even ask . . . [B-word advisory]

I'll come out with it right now: Behringer. :eek: tutt dfegad

There have been a few things they've made that have been workable, like the headphone amp and the measurement mics. I saw a listing in the Full Compass catalog for a Subharmonic Synth thing, you know, an obvious dbx rip. Wondering if anyone has tried it and compared it to the dbx. (Anyone who wants to bring the Peavey Kosmos into the mix is quite welcome to.)

Bear
Old 16th March 2003
One with big hooves

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I've used the Ultrabass thing a few times at other studios. I own a 120XP. I haven't tried the PV thing yet but it's supposed to be more then a subharmonic synth.
Old 18th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
The ultrabass unit SUCKS. You can get that dub-regae sound from it, but if/when you try to blend it with the orignal signal, it always sounds like ass. I love a lot of peices of Berhinger, but the Ultrabass ain't one of them.
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
e-cue,
What behringer stuff do you like? I have an old composer that i've used once or twice and the omni mic. Just wondering what else they have that's usable because at $70 a box it's worth getting some new tools for the toolbox.
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by XHipHop
e-cue,
What behringer stuff do you like?
The Edison spatializer is dope as hell. The Dualfex is quite useful but you have the know when you are over doing it. The Ultrafex is an awesome bg vocals bus send. It's like a greatest hits of the other peices. The EC8000 is a great omni value. I own 6 of them. The modulizer has a cool setting in it called "retro" or something that makes your material sound like vinyl. You can control the pops and clicks. Cool stuff. The powerplay is a good value headphone amp too.
๐Ÿ“ Reply