Quantcast
Bass recording and Trakker - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass recording and Trakker
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Bass recording and Trakker

I'm going to be doing some bass tracking this weekend and want to try my CS Trakker ....Will be using either LittleLabs IBP or Great River NV as DI and maybe mic a amp as well.
I'm thinking the "1176" emulation would be a good starting point ...any other tried and true favorites on the Trakker.

Also has anyone compared the DI in the NVs and the Little Labs...I've been real happy with tracking Bass thru the NV but haven't really used the IBP as a DI.
Old 14th March 2003
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I haven't tried the little labs DI, I hear good things. I'm under the impression that it's a different flavor than the NV, so one unit may fit the song or vibe of the album a little better. Just try them both before you throw the Trakker on. The NV DI is pretty much the sonic equivilant of it's mic input, big & smooth and a balanced/solid top end. Depending on the track and type of music, I usally track with the Trakker on one of the hard knee settings, usually 'vintage' or 'vintage-vca', then will put a little soft knee something from the Trakker on during mix. The ratio doesn't ever need to be very high, and the attack and release seem to generally very well right in the middle, again depending on the touch of the player. Good luck, let us know how it works out.
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks Nathan,
Several months ago I used a reissue 1176 tracking bass and although I did't reaally dig it for much else I thought it ruled on bass....I will see if the Trakker can approach some of that 1176 vibe.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…