2X MK-319 floating dome OR MK-105 MSP black MATCHED PAIR
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
2X MK-319 floating dome OR MK-105 MSP black MATCHED PAIR

2X MK-319 floating dome ""OR"" MK-105 MSP black MATCHED PAIR

OK, im still not yet decided wich one to buy

im in acoustic folk/jazz and classical recording

love to have anothe matched pair for roommics, but also to record vocals, sax, if possible the best allround mic.

to me the MK 105 looks lovelyer. nicely in a box.

are they better then the mk319???????

all feedback welcome.

greeeeeeeeetz zebraaa
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Zebra, they're pretty different animals...

...the OktavaMod MK-319 Floating Dome with Premium Electronics has a "Neumann-esque" lower midrange presence and essentially flat top end response (note - the MK-319 mics I get from Oktava have been selected for flattest and most extended top end response). Transformer-coupled output provides that "touch of iron" coloration we all love.

The OktavaMod MK-105 on the other hand has a more "AKG-like" top end that features air and presence peaks flanking a sibilance-dip centered at 7kHz. The 105 is transformerless and has a lovely, detailed and open sound sound.

Since you state acoustic folk / jazz and classical I might be more inclined to go with the lighter and less colored MK-105 for a clean, modern sound. But if you want something a bit more old-school sounding, the OktavaMod MK-319 will get you there.

Ps - the Oktava MK-102 offers the same capsule and circuit as the MK-105 in an end-address form for less money than the '105.
Old 22nd September 2008 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Joly ➡️
Hey Zebra, they're pretty different animals...

...the OktavaMod MK-319 Floating Dome with Premium Electronics has a "Neumann-esque" lower midrange presence and essentially flat top end response (note - the MK-319 mics I get from Oktava have been selected for flattest and most extended top end response). Transformer-coupled output provides that "touch of iron" coloration we all love.

The OktavaMod MK-105 on the other hand has a more "AKG-like" top end that features air and presence peaks flanking a sibilance-dip centered at 7kHz. The 105 is transformerless and has a lovely, detailed and open sound sound.

Since you state acoustic folk / jazz and classical I might be more inclined to go with the lighter and less colored MK-105 for a clean, modern sound. But if you want something a bit more old-school sounding, the OktavaMod MK-319 will get you there.

Ps - the Oktava MK-102 offers the same capsule and circuit as the MK-105 in an end-address form for less money than the '105.
TNX A LOT
now you comformed my decision to buy the mk 105. they look great and i need the most natural sound. tnx for ur info peace zebraaa
📝 Reply