The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 16th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

12 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyReels ➑️
The worst part is that I was pretty confident that it was gonna translate well. I have a decent monitoring/listening enviroment. Just honestly didn't sound a thing like it ought. Thanks for letting me vent! I'm just glad the client won't ever hear it and I can get it redone before he does.
i am very critical of my work, so that happens a few times a week here.... it's always a bit frustrating , hehe

then sometimes, everything is right from the first time....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yeah, i'm going through a moment with an album i'm working on that it sounds flat and unexciting... Oh life..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine7 ➑️
This is the result of a trade with Plughead: A website for his studio for some nice gear.

Plughead Productions

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
What's funny is that I replied last night while mixing a track. I finished it up, and sent a test MP3 to the artist. I also burned a CD to listen to in the car this morning. Well, when I listened I was like "oh no... that sounds rotten! Too much bass! The vocals are dull!"

Then I get to the office, fire up the computer and said artist has sent me an email saying "Wow... that sounds great! Love the bass!!"

Quote:
The worst part is that I was pretty confident that it was gonna translate well. I have a decent monitoring/listening enviroment. Just honestly didn't sound a thing like it ought. Thanks for letting me vent! I'm just glad the client won't ever hear it and I can get it redone before he does.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC ➑️
"Wow... that sounds great! Love the bass!!"
Haha!

Today, same place as that God-awful panto last week, we have Christmas Carol service. They have three Shure KSM27s. Nice mics... 1 is broken, one is less broken and one is a little bit less broken than the last. Nice. Had to rent some in.lecturn mics "can't be in the way" so they barely pick up and are getting distorted. Speakers are in the wrong places. Piano sounded messed up and took a lot of work to sort out. I finally get it sounding good and they remove the wall dividing the hall gfrom the atrium, making the room about 130% of it's original size. Then add some more speakers. Great.

That 'engineer' who kept messing with my set up has been 'disciplined' however and banned from doing my job.He still puts stuff in the wrong places and gives me dodgy equipment though. My job is only to operate the desk and do mic placement. I can't even fix the speakers because of the seating arrangements. Dead spots; eugh.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat ➑️
If you accidentally mute the harp track and don't notice until the second listen, was it really necessary?
You play the harp?! Or you're recording one? That shouldn't be muted! (Or is this not a 'harp' but a harmonica/mouth organ?!)
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
If you accidentally mute the harp track and don't notice until the second listen, was it really necessary?
If a harmonica is played, but gets muted in the mixdown, does it make any noise?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceactor ➑️
I posted that a few days ago. I guess I better learn to post the video rather than just the link. I'm not seeking credit here....just saying I need to learn the proper way to share this stuff when I get it.

just copy the enbed link from the youtube page...right hand site next to the vid...and paste it into your post....after that wrap youtube around it....

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi, it's not going to be a nice xmas period here (no job and very little money left) but in the spirit of the season (and of this thread) I'm going to offer a gift certificate for the value of $30 to be deducted from any purchase on SonicCharge site (it's valid until the end of december).

They are the maker of two of the best software instruments available on the market: Microtonic, a powerful yet simple drum-machine, and Synplant, a quite unique synthesizer.

They are already quite affordable (89$ + Vat each, or 158$ for the bundle), but the gift certificate makes them even more inviting :-)

Pm me if you'd like to get it, and in a couple of days I'll randomly choose the winner. Don't send me your email yet, a simple PM is fine. I'll contact the winner and ask his/her email later.

Hope you enjoy it

P.s: I'm not affiliated with them, I just got this certificate as a customer.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
More snow!

Temperature's been about -10 degrees Celsius here today (14 in Fahrenheit I think), but it's getting a bit warmer. But holy smokes is it snowing now!

My coldest winter, think this was about 16 years ago while living up in the northern parts of Sweden, the thermometer dropped to -44 Celsius (-47 Fahrenheit?). Going to a punk rock show, I insisted on having my mohawk sprayed up despite the fact that we were walking to the venue. When we finally reached the place after about 30 minutes or so, my ears were obviously burning red and boy did it hurt the following week. Aaah, the wonderfully silly image-related things we did back then...

Hope everyone's having a glorious Wednesday evening! Off to watch some Deep Space 9 here.

Last edited by Gearbot; 4th December 2017 at 11:09 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➑️
Hope everyone's having a glorious Wednesday evening! Off to watch some Deep Space 9 here.
You do have your towel, right?

I'd like to say more but I still have some of that dadgum candy stuck in my teeth!heh
73*
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Good Day All

Quote:
Temperature's been about -10 degrees Celsius here today (14 in Fahrenheit I think), but it's getting a bit warmer. But holy smokes is it snowing now!

My coldest winter, think this was about 16 years ago while living up in the northern parts of Sweden, the thermometer dropped to -44 Celsius (-47 Fahrenheit?). Going to a punk rock show, I insisted on having my mohawk sprayed up despite the fact that we were walking to the venue. When we finally reached the place after about 30 minutes or so, my ears were obviously burning red and boy did it hurt the following week. Aaah, the wonderfully silly image-related things we did back then...

I have to say that it's nice to hear I'm not the only one living in a somewhat extreme part of the world. I woke up to -28 Celsius yesterday, and was very excited about the -16 I woke up to this morning.

On Monday, I heard that my city was the second coldest place in the world, only beat by an over grown godless oil rig 600km north of us called Fort McMurray, apparently that included the North Pole and Antarctica (I never did check the stats my self, so I very well could be wrong).
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_z ➑️
So you are no longer in Idaho?
I had the joy of recording my highschool rock band in a warehouse - on a roland VS-880ex with mics and preamps I bought from musicians friend... and then returned afterwords.
45 days to cut an album. Lol. I didn't even have a 1/4 of the cash for all the stuff I "bought."
Nice thing about industrial zones though, no noise limit/curfew! Hope it works out for ya.
I am still in Idaho. Planning on moving back to Seattle in the Spring.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny ➑️
You do have your towel, right?

I'd like to say more but I still have some of that dadgum candy stuck in my teeth!heh
Yep, those buggers will assimilate the dentals indeed. Towel - do I smell a Hitchhiker's reference? heh
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73* ➑️
I have to say that it's nice to hear I'm not the only one living in a somewhat extreme part of the world. I woke up to -28 Celsius yesterday, and was very excited about the -16 I woke up to this morning.
Ouch, that's grim. The snow's relentlessly storming in all directions here now. I'm starting to wonder how the heck I'm going to get the son to kindergarten tomorrow... We need a sled!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Ouch, that's grim. The snow's relentlessly storming in all directions here now. I'm starting to wonder how the heck I'm going to get the son to kindergarten tomorrow... We need a sled!

Or a snow day. heh
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
borg64, your avatar inspired my Christmas present to the roomates!!
Old 17th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas ➑️
If it's a hardware issue you can use my room and equipment 5 days a week. If it's a time issue i'm afraid I won't be much help - spending almost all my waking moments dealing with mom's estate and I have no idea how to make a pizza...
What a wonderful offer! Thank you, sir!

But no, all music systems are go...just too much other stuff that cannot be put off. I look forward to making some music soon though!
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Just found out that one of my best friends broke up with his girlfriend of 3ish years. Most of the time I don't consider a breakup to be something to heh about, but this b**** deserves all the fuuck she can get. I am in such good spirits from this, finding out I did well on all the finals I've gotten back so far (the really important ones) and getting a ton of stuff turned out. It's a good day! The only thing that would make it more complete is having something to give away...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatheredSerpent ➑️
You play the harp?! Or you're recording one? That shouldn't be muted! (Or is this not a 'harp' but a harmonica/mouth organ?!)
I blow at harmonicas. Hell, I can barely manage 6 strings, what the hell would I do with a real harp?

What happened was that I set up two sends on the track, one to a 'verb bus and one to Master, then set the track output to "none". (Sonar) I tweaked the mix but apparently didn't hit "save" at some point because when I went back and mixed down, the sends weren't on. I'm rollin' up the road at 0500 and think, man, the road noise is really killing the guitar and harp. On the way home I crank it, and there's no harp. I fired up the puter later on and discovered my boo boo.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Got my problemed mix sounding good! Actually a 180 degree turnaround. It went from manure to beauty! My client was thrilled with it!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Towel - do I smell a Hitchhiker's reference? heh
You, my friend, are most definitely one cool froody dude.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny ➑️
You, my friend, are most definitely one cool froody dude.
Well yeah! The guy knows where his towel is.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I would like to publicly thank TimeBandit for the plug ins! It's been said many times before, but I'll say it again - this thread, and the people who make it rock!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Got my problemed mix sounding good! Actually a 180 degree turnaround. It went from manure to beauty! My client was thrilled with it!
What did you change that made the difference?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey,thanks Scott.Glad i could help you,and so many others.I was just following in the foot steps of the greats.I have been passed the buck several times on here,so it was time to do some passing of my own.

PS: There are still some nice plugs left.heh

Quote:
I would like to publicly thank TimeBandit for the plug ins! It's been said many times before, but I'll say it again - this thread, and the people who make it rock!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
On its way to England....and my friends at the shipping place assure me it will arrive in time for Christmas.

In the immortal words of olivia_nb: "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
RBZ, you are absolutely the Best! I salute you once again, mon ami.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
RBZ, you are absolutely the Best! I salute you once again, mon ami.
Right back at you, my friend.

(Me, myself, and I waving to you...)
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
And all the accessories, to boot! Absolutely beautiful!
πŸ“ Reply