More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 19th July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk ➡️
Great offer!!

My mate Eddy will take it, if that's cool with you? He doesn't have much gear but can make use of it all. He's a cool guitar and bass player and records stuff for me. I'll maybe use the mixer as well for some summing?

Can you PM me your details and I'll pass them on.
All yours. I will PM you.
Old 22nd July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks for all the good vibes, my friends. I'm back, haggard but hopeful. Lots of doc stuff still ahead, but that's just bumps in the road. I hope all of y'all are all well and happy!
Old 22nd July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves ➡️
Thanks for all the good vibes, my friends. I'm back, haggard but hopeful. Lots of doc stuff still ahead, but that's just bumps in the road. I hope all of y'all are all well and happy!
I'm so glad the backwoods sawbones took good care of you!!!
Welcome back and good luck with the recovery!
Old 23rd July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. ➡️
I'm so glad the backwoods sawbones took good care of you!!!
Welcome back and good luck with the recovery!
No mountain docs for this situation, buddy! This ol' dog got off the porch and went to the St. Thomas Heart Center in Nashville. About the last thing I remember before the happy juice knocked me out was the anesthesiologist talking about trying to make it in the music business. That's Nashville!

Thanks for the good wishes, Jeremy!
Old 19th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Hey folks! Been buried under the weight of an unexpected move... not far, and by choice, but still a lot of stuff to pick up and put down.

Foxwaves... Dude!!!! Glad you came through better than before. Modern medicine can be a beautiful thing. Most of us older folks wouldn't have made it this far had it not been for trained professionals of the medical persuasion. Glad you're on the mend.

Old 20th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC ➡️
Hey folks! Been buried under the weight of an unexpected move... not far, and by choice, but still a lot of stuff to pick up and put down.

Foxwaves... Dude!!!! Glad you came through better than before. Modern medicine can be a beautiful thing. Most of us older folks wouldn't have made it this far had it not been for trained professionals of the medical persuasion. Glad you're on the mend.

Unexpected move? No bars on the doors, I hope!

Thanks for the good wishes. Not out of the woods, unfortunately, but back to driving nails...just slowly. More recommended medical poking around waiting for me whenever I get the gumption to be put to sleep again.
Old 20th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves ➡️
Unexpected move? No bars on the doors, I hope!

Thanks for the good wishes. Not out of the woods, unfortunately, but back to driving nails...just slowly. More recommended medical poking around waiting for me whenever I get the gumption to be put to sleep again.
FOXWAVES! Hey guy... are you on the mend?
Old 20th September 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen ➡️
OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process.

There's a Grace 101 sitting here collecting dust.

Need it?

It goes free to the first person who PMs me. All I ask of the winner in return is that you post in this thread and gift something you don't need to someone else...

GO!

PS: Thanks to olivia_nb for the inspiration...
We just missed the passing of the 13 year mark!
I wanted to do something to honor the day of RBZ's passing this year, but life man... I'm doing stuff I think he would be proud of though, so no harm, no foul.

As the original olivia_nb (Name change many years ago to something more like my real name) I have a Steinberg UR22 mkII in great shape to pass along!
I know it's not anything sexy, but it is very compact, buss powered and integrates really well with Cubase. I've owned different versions of the UR stuff over the years and they've all been great. This comes without any cables or a a proper box. All drivers can be downloaded and USB2 cables are easy enough to get your hands on.

It's been a long road and people have come and gone. I have had some disappointments in giving stuff to people they couldn't use or didn't actually need and they disappeared as soon as they got what they wanted, but in the spirit of why Robinson did what he did in life, hopefully it made them think about the world in a better light. Maybe even though they never really paid it back or thanked anyone here, perhaps they had a moment in line at the store where someone couldn't afford the thing they needed and instead of letting the cashier put it back that person paid for it. You'll never really be thanked for doing a kindness like that, but I have to say it feels wonderful!
I guess what I'm driving at is that RBZ knew that giving was the gift and that changing the world for the better was the gift, the thing that was given was just... a thing. Meaningless in a sense.

So, who wants a Steinberg interface?!
Old 20th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Oh yeah, just like PM me and please US only. Shipping this internationally is so much hassle and probably more than the cost of the unit.
Old 21st September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
FOXWAVES! Hey guy... are you on the mend?
Hello Budget; yep, mending. Got to check back in to St. Thomas in Nashville next week for a minimum of two days and then to a place in Georgia in October. I can't seem to escape the clutches of the medical mafia!

How are you doing, Pal?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
We just missed the passing of the 13 year mark!
I wanted to do something to honor the day of RBZ's passing this year, but life man... I'm doing stuff I think he would be proud of though, so no harm, no foul.

As the original olivia_nb (Name change many years ago to something more like my real name) I have a Steinberg UR22 mkII in great shape to pass along!
I know it's not anything sexy, but it is very compact, buss powered and integrates really well with Cubase. I've owned different versions of the UR stuff over the years and they've all been great. This comes without any cables or a a proper box. All drivers can be downloaded and USB2 cables are easy enough to get your hands on.

It's been a long road and people have come and gone. I have had some disappointments in giving stuff to people they couldn't use or didn't actually need and they disappeared as soon as they got what they wanted, but in the spirit of why Robinson did what he did in life, hopefully it made them think about the world in a better light. Maybe even though they never really paid it back or thanked anyone here, perhaps they had a moment in line at the store where someone couldn't afford the thing they needed and instead of letting the cashier put it back that person paid for it. You'll never really be thanked for doing a kindness like that, but I have to say it feels wonderful!
I guess what I'm driving at is that RBZ knew that giving was the gift and that changing the world for the better was the gift, the thing that was given was just... a thing. Meaningless in a sense.

So, who wants a Steinberg interface?!
Great remembrance of RBZ, Jeremy!
Old 21st September 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
The interface is headed to a 15 year old keyboardist and drummer! (Can we call someone who plays drums a multi-instrumentalist?! :P Just kidding!!! I'm a multi-instrumentalist and a drummer...)

If anyone who glances at this thread has a piece of gear that's just gathering dust and you feel a little "meh" about keeping it or parting with it maybe offer it up and see if it can have a second life?

Just a thought!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you Jeremy!

Quote:
The interface is headed to a 15 year old keyboardist and drummer! (Can we call someone who plays drums a multi-instrumentalist?! :P Just kidding!!! I'm a multi-instrumentalist and a drummer...)

If anyone who glances at this thread has a piece of gear that's just gathering dust and you feel a little "meh" about keeping it or parting with it maybe offer it up and see if it can have a second life?

Just a thought!
Old 25th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Heading back to Nashville tomorrow morning for more tests on Monday...should I take a demo? haha
Old 1st October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Received the interface today and a generous bag of coffee! Thanks again Jeremy!

Quote:

Just a thought!
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-bab633c3-98ae-476b-881d-3901b582b51b.jpg  
Old 1st October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Received the interface today and a generous bag of coffee! Thanks again Jeremy!
Excellent!
It's one of my fav coffees right now, and I use a UR22c and UR44 still so I fully endorse all products shown here.
Old 6th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
As the original olivia_nb (Name change many years ago to something more like my real name)
I never knew that.

Thanks for keeping the spirit of RBZ alive.
Old 14th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Still ever on my playlist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfX_...lowefreshflowe
Old 14th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I love to see it!
Interestingly RBZ had more input on this one than on others he mixed. He stripped some stuff away and simplified a few things in the mix. It was the best kind of tinkering with the material. I miss that dude.
Old 19th October 2021
SK1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Raw Bean Zen was a dreamer. RIP brother.
Old 4th November 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thread detour alert

Quote:
Oh yeah, just like PM me and please US only. Shipping this internationally is so much hassle and probably more than the cost of the unit.
As an international G’space’er I have often get turned down trying to buy because ‘international shipping is a hassle’ but no one has ever told what the hassle is. Can someone dm me what the actual hassle involves? If I’ve paid in advance I don’t get it.
—now back to your regularly scheduled thread—
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingustoo ➡️
As an international G’space’er I have often get turned down trying to buy because ‘international shipping is a hassle’ but no one has ever told what the hassle is. Can someone dm me what the actual hassle involves? If I’ve paid in advance I don’t get it.
It's just a lot of hassle, man. Lot of hassle. So much hassle. Too much hassle.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
From my experience in the past it’s usually when the package gets caught up in customs. I’ve had a couple sit there for months before they finally released it to the buyer. Most people are understanding but there are several that end up wanting their money back or whatnot. Just makes it a hassle.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Since I was giving it away for free and the expense and time of shipping was a gift as well I didn't think it was such a crazy thing to stipulate...

But yeah, I've sent stuff to Canada and it went missing as things do sometimes when posted and it was a nightmare to resolve. And they're a neighboring country. I don't even like to sell/ship things period, I prefer face to face transactions because I have had enough bad faith experiences with people via eBay to sour me on the idea of sending anything expensive. I've also given away stuff on craigslist to people as well, but shipping a free thing out is often the only way to spread the gift of giving!
Old 23rd December 2021
I got six CAPI BB2521 DIP8 to discrete opamp adapters that I don't quite need (got enough discrete and IC opamps) so I'm giving them away.

One is original, one has ELNA Silmic IIs on it, two need caps and two have receptacles so you can swap in your own caps easily. Two have short pins, four have long pins. Not all have been tested but the circuit isn't very complicated.

Conditions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen ➡️
It goes free to the first person who PMs me. All I ask of the winner in return is that you post in this thread and gift something you don't need to someone else...

Edit: No longer available
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-1640252831180.jpg  

Last edited by johannburkard; 8th January 2022 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: Nobody wanted them :(
Old 14th March 2022
I got a TI PCM4222EVM ADC board available if somebody wants it (for shipping). Link: https://www.ti.com/tool/PCM4222EVM
Old 14th March 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard ➡️
I got a TI PCM4222EVM ADC board available if somebody wants it (for shipping). Link: https://www.ti.com/tool/PCM4222EVM
No idea what that is, but thanks for showing up here and paying it forward!!!

How many of the old givespacers are still out there reading this?
Quote:
No idea what that is
It's an ADC evaluation board technically, but you can use it as such if you add on a power supply (+-15 V and +5V).
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
How many of the old givespacers are still out there reading this?
I guess I go back pretty far.......

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny ➡️
I guess I go back pretty far.......

You're a straight OG*!!!

*original gifter
📝 Reply