Quantcast
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP
Old 11th March 2003
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance PHOTOS!!!

Yes, Fletcher of Mercenary Audio USA, no stranger to danger, will be visiting the UK and we can all have a drink some food & hear some noisy live music together with him.

Here's the itinerary, feel free to join at any time just for coffee, desert or the whole kit & caboodle.

Teusday 18th March 2,003

7pm Garlic & Shots Frith St, Soho - cocktails - for those that want
8pm Garlic & Shots Frith St, Soho - eats - for those that want
9pm Garlic & Shots Frith St, Soho - Coffee & brandies - for those that want
10pm Pub crawl over to The Crow Bar - Mannet st Soho (next to The Borderline) more drinks - for those that want
11:30 Taxi / busses to The Camden Palace - Camden high St N1 Feet First Club Night - guest list for all - alt rock / indie club + Live band at Midnight - more drinks - for those that want
2:30 Taxis home - for those that want

RSVP here or just show up, dont be bashful, COME ON DOWN!

Old 11th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Wish I could go.
Garlic & Shots is a great place.

Is Frith St close to your studio, Jules?

/Mats
Old 11th March 2003
"Is Frith St close to your studio, Jules?"

HA! - I WISH!

No, I am out in Zone 2/3

A tour of my studio is not part of the evening!

But food & drinks are!

Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Damn, It's not far, there's a direct flight from Montpellier by Ryan air ...

How can I explain a 2 days break to the band I'm mixing

That is on week to short, I'll see what I can do

heh

malice
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I trust you'll bring your camera, Jules? Not to sound perverted, but I'd love to see some drunken gearslutz in action.

-- uosdwis
Old 12th March 2003
Yes, I copied Bev and we both carry these now...

http://exilim.casio.com/camera.cfm

Old 12th March 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by malice
How can I explain a 2 days break to the band I'm mixing
Explaining to the band that you have to take off a couple of days will be the easy part... trying to explain why you reek from alcohol for at least 2 days, the broken wrist and where the gash in your forehead came from, as will be the wedding ring and the semi-toothless hooker who will be your new bride... not to mention the the poorly done tattoo with her name misspelled will be an entirely different set of problems...
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fletcher, I might even be able to explain that to the band, but as for my wife, mmh, that might be a tad more difficult ...

malice
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you guys allow for a completely unknown Newbie that just happens to be living in London to show up at this event or would you prefer to keep it to people that you know and share a bit of history with..? Honestly, if you do I COMPLETELY understand it, but if not I must admit that I am curious to see you all 'in action' - cigarillos and brandies and all... I'll keep (reasonably) quiet, I promise heh
Old 13th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Ooh, drunken amateur gearslutz in hot action with pros...this is so much like my fantasies it's scary. It just lacks a couple of details that I'm probably better off leaving to your imagination. Wish I could be there, but then again I'd lose the nice voyeur sensation if I were.

Have fun!
Old 13th March 2003
Anyone is wellcome, for any part of the evening!

Old 13th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
this newbie might come out and play with the gearslutz crew, sounds like it will be a lot of fun
Old 13th March 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by preben
Do you guys allow for a completely unknown Newbie that just happens to be living in London to show up at this event
Considering damn few of us have ever met... how would we know you're 'unknown'?
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
well, you know, I'm now on my 12th post or something... so I am not exactly one of the old hands 'round here... just didn't want to spoil the vibe by gate crashing the event but I sure am looking forward to it...
Old 13th March 2003
"Low count" posters & unregistered lurkers are all welcome too, but why not register and RSVP here?

Would be good to know who is coming, (especial to eat which will probably be Β£15 per head + booze and I may need to make a reservation)

Besides if you are registered, you get email notification of gear competitions & give aways! The next thing you can win on Gearslutz, is totally unique and worth well over over $1,000 !!!!
Old 13th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
trying to explain why you reek from alcohol
Ha! What about the garlic? I take it that you have never been to the Olsson Bros establishment before!

/Mats
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
[B]
Here's the itinerary, feel free to join at any time just for coffee, desert or the whole kit & caboodle.

]
Jules, it sounds great and I'd give anything to be there. Toss back a grappa for me, willya.

-R
Old 13th March 2003
I will pick a moment when Fletcher hasnt got a lighter going and throw it over him, cause I gave up drinking 7 years ago!

Old 14th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Hi all..
Just had to delurk when I saw this. Sounds like a great idea.

How are we going to recognise each other? Should we look for the unmistakable 'studio tan'? Or the people pointing and laughing at the pub's 'bose' system?

Bring on the shots!

GB
Old 14th March 2003
Dark suits & violin cases....
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-julesgangsta.jpg  
Old 14th March 2003
Fletcher in his own 'padded cell'
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-fletch.jpg  
Old 14th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Thats some padded cell...

GB
Old 14th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
i'll be wearing the deerstalker and smoking a pipe
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
5 us bucks says someone gets drunk and ends up buying a 3630 and swearing it's better than a Fairchild 660.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
5 us bucks says someone gets drunk and ends up buying a 3630 and swearing it's better than a Fairchild 660.
And I've got a beautifully maintained 3630 sitting here waiting for the guy with the urge.......and it's 1/2 the price of a 660

(And don't forget, the Alesis is 2970 better than the Fairchild, fact)
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jules,

if you are going to be making reservations for Tuesday please count me in for the eating side of things (as well as the rest).
Old 18th March 2003
Old 18th March 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
I may have Shaun Levesque from Phoenix Audio in tow... we'll see how his evening lays out. We just finished a quick chat about new products... Phoenix is about to have some way cool **** hitting the market!!

At any rate, if I can drag Shaun along... I will.

See y'all there!!
Old 18th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
see u all later
Old 18th March 2003
I have reserved dinner for 6 but I am confident they can cope with 10 or even more too, those just drinking are also very welcome! We may get moved 'downstairs' to a private room so dont panic if you cnt see everyone when you first arrive!

πŸ“ Reply