Quantcast
ev model664 dynamic cardiod ??antique - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ev model664 dynamic cardiod ??antique
Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
ev model664 dynamic cardiod ??antique

found this in a bin at my day job (live sound at an old union roadhouse).

this seems to be an old paging mic or some similar thing. has an on/off switch. probably sounds like the devils ass, but it sure looks cool.

so anyone know what this old iron is? and how do you make a connector to even try to hear it? just curous.
Old 11th March 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
EV 664

I've got three of the suckers. Originally nicknamed "the Buchanan Hammer" because they used to be made in Buchanan Michigan, and you could literally pound nails with 'em and then use it for vocals...

Kept 'em as curiousities until I read that they were OK guitar mics, and they are!

Can't help on connectors and wiring. Probably made in the 1960's. Yup it's cardioid dynamic.

YMMV

wurly
Old 11th March 2003
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I love those mics. They're nice and s***** in the upper mids with very little proximity effect - they use a similar ported design to the RE-20. They can be very cool on vocals and I've even gotten great kick drum sounds with mine. I will look at it and check the pin configuration tonight (if I remember).

Charles
Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
http://www.oaktreeent.com/microphones.htm

has the cables and i ordered one today. just for ****s and giggles i am curious to try this out. this mic might be a fun toy to have around. at least it _looks_ cool and that's important, isn't it??

i'll be happy to have it around just for the price of a cable. i'll post again if i find out anything else interesting about the mic.
๐Ÿ“ Reply