Akai Gone?

Did Akai Die?

Is this a rumor or is it true?

Has my sampler become an orphan?

-MattiMattMatt
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I've heard nothing official, but think of it this way...their primary product (outboard samplers) are going the way of the dinosaur.

Their last big push that I bought into was the s5000/6000 series samplers and they SUCKED SO VERY VERY BAD. I bought it in the first few months it came out as it was a nice step up from my s2800 which was bullet proof for years. The s5000 was riddled with bugs (software) for at least a year, if not more. It was just so depressing. It was a paperweight for many many months and I lost hours and hours of work.

In all fairness, they did work it out eventually, but it was too little too late and now Kontakt and the EXS24 have my heart and my money.

My 2 cents...
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Well, they told Chuck Surak at Sweetwater that they were shutting down North American operations - not sure if that qualifies as gone, but I think it might.

Scott
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Only themselves to blame.........if they'd brought out a crazy mad powerful pci card based sampler with good filters, FX and seamless vst intergration, they'd have sold a ****-load.
Old 11th March 2003
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Check out this thread:

http://pub52.ezboard.com/fdpsworldfr...cID=1094.topic

Sean from akai posts that the company is not going out of business they have fired their US distributor AMIC and are in the process of setting up another distributor and a service center in CA.
๐Ÿ“ Reply