Quantcast
Anybody missing a Sony C-800G ?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody missing a Sony C-800G ??
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anybody missing a Sony C-800G ??

I hate to cast aspersions, but.. I can't shake the thought that this may be stolen goods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2512508128

It's a Sony C-800G with no cable and no power supply. Seems to be a very reputable ebay seller who doesn't usually sell audio stuff, but he says in emails that the power supply and cable were stolen... Uh....why would anyone steal a power supply and cable ?! In my experience, tube mics more often leap off of studios' mic stands, "grow legs" and leave a lonely power supply and cable behind.

Anyway, again I don't mean to imply any wrong-doing on the part of the seller. He may well be telling the truth, but before I bid on the thing I'd like to know if anybody here has had a C-800G "walk" out of their studio at some point..

-dave
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
not me but good idea posting it here ... have you posted it across other forums aswell ?? maybe you should.
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Where did it say there was no power supply? Just cause you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist!
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Like I said above, the seller told me in an email that the cables and power supply were "stolen".

Also see this thread on the recpit . . . seems a Chicago studio had a C-800G stolen a few months ago, leaving the PS and cables behind. . .

If it turns out that this C-800G, being sold in a suburb of Chicago without power supply and cables isn't the same C-800G that was stolen from a Chicago studio, leaving the power supply and cables behind, that would be quite an esoteric coincidence. However, if it is the stolen mic, I don't at all assume that this ebay seller was the actual thief. He may have come into posession of the mic innocently enough.

In any case, I'm rooting for a happy ending.

-dave
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OOPS, I guess i should of read more closely!
Could a thief really be that dumb?
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I asked the seller for the serial number a couple days ago... I haven't recieved a response, yet.
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
I asked the seller for the serial number a couple days ago... I haven't recieved a response, yet.
FWIW, he responded when I asked, but said he was .. unavailable .. to get the serial number.

In the thread by the same name that I started on Fletcher's RecPit forum, "Karakoto" has picked up the ball and made some progress. Apparently the police are involved, and the suspect is a former intern at the sudio from which it was [allegedly] stolen.

Dave
Old 11th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Not too damn bright, is he?
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
FWIW- DMX was recording his new CD in Chicago.
πŸ“ Reply