What do you guys do to be in "shape" - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What do you guys do to be in "shape"
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
in case anyone cares... i lost 20 pounds this week.

wow.. are you on the Jim Carey Scanners diet?

that is great, what are you doing?
Old 14th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
lifting 60lb bags of sand, hundreds of rocks... cutting WAY down on the munchies. lifting weights and riding. oh, and 200lb railroad ties, swinging a 10lb hammer into spikes... i been werkin on the railroad... just kiddin. that and drumming a lot lately. halted all sessions/work for 2 weeks to work on my house so no sitting around [much]

now if i could just lose the other 20 lbs of fat and work some muscle into it, id be golden. summer is on its way.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bought a mountain bike, top end model. Rode it until I took a tumble and broke my elbow and shoulder socket. This cut into my golf game which went down hill.

Then I decide to get into home improvement. Talked my wife into letting me buy the latest and greatest tools everytime a project came up. Now I own every tool made to man and she thinks I'm the handy man, my hobby came back to haunt me.

Started a home studio, spent $thousands. Close the door, everyone leaves me alone including my wife. Make all the noise I want and get my excercise going back and forth to the fridge. It's about 50 feet away, 3-4 times a day, that's 200 feet a day. This gets me up to a mile a month.

Life is good.
Old 14th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
This one is always on my mind since i put on 30 or so lbs once i start this job fulltime a few years ago and as a 25 year old who used to be popular with the girls it was pretty distressing when that faded. I now am pretty much on a models diet I eat rice cakes all day long to trick my body into thinking I actuallly eat and eat a small meal everyday. It kills me going out to dinner with bands since I cant eat with them a lot of the time but it gotten easy now after a few months. I excercise every morning no matter what now for at least 10 minutes doing some sort of thing even when I start loading my session off the back up drive Ill try to start doing some sort of excercise. No matter how exhausted I am I force myself to do it. I have definitly slimmed down but I havent gotten back to the weight I was at.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
An excellent way to lose weight in the studio is get back on the amphetamines... watch that weight melt away..

Did i forget to mention u may lsoe a few clients and family in the process as well as your personality!... grudge rollz

But imhappy with my gym regimen at the moment thanks!

PEACE
Wiggy..
Old 14th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I wake up @ 6:45 everymoring regardless of session and chase four kids around the house...same weight (+/- 5 pounds ) for 25 years.
Old 14th March 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Happy belated birthday, recorderman.
Old 17th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jax
Happy belated birthday, recorderman.
Thanks...