The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
considering replacing sytek
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

What is this David?
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
**** now I'm not as confident in my API decision... I'm torn between api/hardy/great river mp2nv... I can tell that none of them would be a bad decision, it all depends on what I already have and what I'm lacking... but as a devoted gear slut, these are the kinds of decisions I love!

Old 20th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
vtone, yes any of these would be useful in any rack. But I would suggest you look at the broadest range of flexability and "color".

Based on what you already own I would go for the GR NV. This will give you a nice smooth colored pre to go with your other gear. Then down the line you can start to look into different shades of gray.

But buying a "blue" and then a "light blue" type of pre doesn't give you a very broad range of color. Also the NV can be adjusted to get less color or more color so it dips down closer to the API as far as transparency but can get fat by driving the input a little harder.

Anyway thats my .02 for what its worth.

Lee
Old 20th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by vtone
**** now I'm not as confident in my API decision... I'm torn between api/hardy/great river mp2nv...
you wont be disappointed in the API at all... and lets be honest. what will REALLY happen is you will get the API, then the mp2nv, and then the hardy so in the end you will have them all anyway.
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Start with the API... It will hold it's value better than the others, god forbid you want to sell it.
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ya, I agree - Go for the API. It was one of those things that makes you go WOW!, now that is a great and cool sound. It beefs up even the most bright and wimpy mic. Way more balls and phatter tone then the Summit Audio tube pre I replaced it with. Now I need another one cause one is not enough.
Old 21st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
...plus a COOL blue light!!! (API 3124+)
πŸ“ Reply