The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ordinary Girl "Mix 2"
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ordinary Girl "Mix 2"

Hey everyone,

As per everyone's request, I removed the "phone" effect, and worked on the mid/hi end. I think it's close. If anything, it'll showcase the artist in the right light.

You can download "Mix 2" here: http://homepage.mac.com/dlpro/

Again, I want to thank you for your suggestions, advice, and tips.
You've been very helpful.

Cheers,
Imagine
Old 6th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
sounds great.
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Overall, I think it sounds a lot better. The vocals definitely sound way clearer- although maybe the effect you had on the vocalist made it sound like she had a bit more character to her voice. During the bridge (which reminds me a bit of RHCP give it away, very cool) it still sounds a bit funky on the vocals. My favorite part of the whole thing is the first line of the chorus, which sounds absolutely huge. Anyway, this sounds great and totally pro.
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh yeah, I was also wondering like Jules if the acoustic guitars are real or sampled- they just fit so well into the mix!
Old 6th March 2003
Schnert
You've got them "professional" ears Imagine
The chorus is very good, and I especially like where in the beginning of it: "I'm no ooooooo..." stays on D while the main vocal continues ;-)
If I should add anything, it would be that I'd love to hear some special sound/contra melody (or what ever it's called in english) to give the song more identity. Also, as the song evolves, I miss a backbeat(?) between the kick and snare on a tambourine or other percussive thing, to give it that extra push. But that's me, and my ears

Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Good call! I think that Schnert's right on the money and that their could be a little more push from the drums on some of the choruses.
Old 6th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
sounds good to me.
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey guys,

Thanks for the thumbs up. I'm still tweaking so there's room for improvement.

BattleAngel, to answer Jules question, the acoustic guitars are real. I'm playing on a Takamine FP460SC. I used a 4060 through a ISA110 and Distressor. It worked for that particular song.
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
They sound incredible =)
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…