Quantcast
Dynaudio M1.5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dynaudio M1.5
Old 3rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dynaudio M1.5

Anyone here have any experience with these speakers..?

I am looking at the Dynaudio M1.5's or the ADAM s3 (passive) or possibly the ADAM s2a's. S3 actives are out due to financial restraints and one of the interesting things about the M1.5's is that they have been out so long that they can be had second hand - the ADAM's not so.

I am in a reasonably sounding small room (apx 4.5x3.5 meters) and (kill me, you know you want to!) I will have to do my own mixing and mastering or at least in some cases to be able to have a reasonable attempt at mastering. I have read in various treads especially on PSW that some mastering engineers are not to keen on the ADAM's due to 'weirdness' (whatever they mean by that) in the high end - obviously to do with the ribbon tweeter. Do the Dynaudios have a better reputation in that respect..??

Obviously I know I will have to do extensive listening myself but any opinions would be welcome as there is always a certain element of guesswork in buying any of this stuff in my opinion - unless you can try it out for half a month or so in your own environment which can be hard, especially if you wanna get anything second hand. Current setup is Genelec 1030/1092.
📝 Reply