Quantcast
I need a good eq. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I need a good eq.
Old 3rd March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I need a good eq.

I'd like to get an inexpensive parametric eq to insert into my Drawmer 1969. Must be analog, tubes optional. Mono channel would be fine. What do you recommend?
Old 3rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The first thing that comes to mind is something from the top end of the TL Audio range. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a "good inxepensive " solid state parametric eq. Maybe Focusrite?? Their gear is pretty good for the money.

DW
Old 3rd March 2003
Founder

Spek?
Speck?
Seck?

Anyone got a link for it?
Old 3rd March 2003
Old 3rd March 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Re: I need a good eq.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cat
I'd like to get an inexpensive parametric eq to insert into my Drawmer 1969.
Insert to the 'side chain'? Anything will do. Behringer, Ashley, whatever. No audio goes through the side chain... only control signal.
Old 3rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: I need a good eq.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
Insert to the 'side chain'? Anything will do. Behringer, Ashley, whatever. No audio goes through the side chain... only control signal.
Yep but you can buy a ****ty 150$ eq for sidechain, or buy a good Speck for 500$ that you could use for other purpose ...

malice
Old 4th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks Malice,

I do want the eq to be used as a side chain eq and sometimes as a kick drum eq(notching). Fletcher, I can tell you've been in the business a while. You always look for the fault in the statement or question in order to see how much the asker knows. I do know how the sidechain on the 1969 works, but I should have had a more thorough post. Not offended, just getting to know you from the way you reply to posts.
Old 4th March 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
I've been in the trade for way too long... but I wasn't 'dissing', nor testing you... just wanted to make sure that you were talking about 'control signal' rather than actual audio... if you were going to pass audio through the thing you'd need it to be in an entirely different class... seeing as it's just 'control signal'... any cheap piece of **** will do a splendid job.

Peace.
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Find yourself a TC electronics 1140 or 2240 parametric eq. Will eq any wierd sidechain signal - and is fantastic on kick drum. But don't use it to boost anything over 2KHz.

Jakob E.
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I guess using a digital eq plug in for your analog comp could be a bad thing because of latency.

Regarding testing and ignorance, I didn't even know that no audio passed through the sidechain circuit.

WTF is a control signal? Please, nobody answer my question. I'll do some google research.
Old 5th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
This is what I use.

http://www.samusic.com/amplification/raven_eq.shtml
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by faeflora
I guess using a digital eq plug in for your analog comp could be a bad thing because of latency.

Regarding testing and ignorance, I didn't even know that no audio passed through the sidechain circuit.

WTF is a control signal? Please, nobody answer my question. I'll do some google research.
Oh man! Do some research. Once the wonders of sideschain fall into place, you will be a whole new person.
πŸ“ Reply