Quantcast
Frankfurt Musik Messe - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Frankfurt Musik Messe
Old 27th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Frankfurt Musik Messe

I'm going to Frankfurter Musik Messe next wednesday and thursday (5th and 6th march). more a 2 day off trip away from stress then it's a quest for gearslutting ..... AES later in March will serve that purpose.

Anyone going to be there ?? anyone care to buy me a drink while there ?? heh heh
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Frankfurt Musik Messe

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
I'm going to Frankfurter Musik Messe next wednesday and thursday (5th and 6th march). more a 2 day off trip away from stress then it's a quest for gearslutting .....
away from stress ? For me the Frankfurter Musikmesse was always the biggest stress in the world. No hotels, no good food, zillions of dorks running around and asking the most stupid questions I've ever heard in my life, squeezing in stinkin` overfilled "demo"boxes and wanting to have all the gear immediateley, that's in "pre"beta and comes out one year later

nono, 1001 better things to dorollz
kosi
Old 28th February 2003
Founder

What's better than buying Chris a beer?

heh

Have a great time...

Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone heard any rumours about what TC-works (or whatever they're called now) are going to put out at Frankfurt...? I have heard rumours of a new Powercore - anyone know any more..??
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Frankfurt Musik Messe

Quote:
Originally posted by kosi
..... No hotels, no good food, zillions of dorks running around and asking the most stupid questions I've ever heard in my life, squeezing in stinkin` overfilled "demo"boxes and wanting to have all the gear immediateley, that's in "pre"beta and comes out one year later

yeah I know ...... .... I love tradeshows too ... grggt grggt
Old 8th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I was at the Frankfurt Trade show yesterday.

Overall, the Tradeshow was the most boring one I`ve ever seen !! .... and it was the least crowded one as well.
You could feel the economic crisis everywhere.

Only a few new cool prducts :

TC released a 19" Powercore version which is connected via Firewire. According to TC is has about double power than the PCI version - pretty good for all you laptop guys.

Waldorf showed the afb, a 16ch. analog Filterbox with no knobs - it`s all controlled by USB
Yamaha presented their M-Lan concept, and an M-Lan mixer / controller called 01X with 02R technology inside that interacts with Cubase, Nuendo, Logic ....

Yamaha also announced an new software called "Vocaloid - singing synthesis software generates superb Vocals on a PC " available by the end of 2003 or beginning 2004 which.
As far as I understood from their announcement it`s something like the "virtual guitarist for vocals" :
" .... Yamaha....has developed new software that allows song writers to
generate authentic-sounding singing on their PCs by simply inputting the words and notes of their compositions

Probably I forgot something, but that shows how exciting the tradeshow was ....

Hi Jules : Greetings from the Adams lady !!! ( forgot her name )
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by clipgod
.... and it was the least crowded one as well.

yea ... I liked that ... most exhib's actually spoke to me .... grggt grggt heh
Old 8th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
most exhib's actually spoke to me
Yeahh, I had a nice and really interesting conversation with the owner of gefell, whose father founded the original company together with Mr. Neumann !!!!

Did you see anything that got you excited ?
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had a very short conversation with the lady from Soundelux. She said they're looking for a distributor in Europe.
All you distributor hurry up and get it, because I'd like to try and probably want to buy one or two of those mics.

Not very much crowded this year - crisis ahoi!!!!!!!!!!
I hope Mr. Bush makes up his mind.

Jo
πŸ“ Reply