Quantcast
GT Mics Follow On - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GT Mics Follow On
Old 26th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
GT Mics Follow On

I've just been checking the Digital Village price crash GT mics. Has anybody got any experience with any of the others from the GT range? (I was more curious about the 44 than the 67).
Old 26th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
where?
Old 27th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Here;
DV UK
Old 27th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've heard nothing but good things about the GT 44. I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of those. Anyone know of any place in the U.S. that is pricing these out that still has some left?
Old 27th February 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I first heard about the GT mics (when they were being badged by Alesis) from this company - http://www.zzounds.com

Never used them but they had some amazing prices on the blow-out.

It was a while ago (coupla month's I think) but maybe they've got some lying around collecting dust?

R.
Old 27th February 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
I own a GT 44 and love the little ****er... damn useful tool!!
Old 27th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What do you think of the GT67 Fletcher?
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I got a pair of Alesis badged ones (AM-40) for a song when they were being blown-out. With the optional omni and hyper capsules they get used for everything from acoustic guitar to electric or bass amp, oh's, snare, upright, room. At the price DV advertise them I'd grab a pair.
Old 28th February 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Funny, I was thinking of trying some a few months ago. After talking to Midiman they told me to go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash. GC only carries two mics and can't get the others even as a special order. The guy in Sam Ash (audio dept. manager of the Paramus store) told me that Groove Tubes were over in guitars. When I told him I was interested in the mics he said "Groove Tubes has never made mics". I ended up with another TLM 103. Ah well, it could've been cool but the dealer network sucks ****.
Old 28th February 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
What do you think of the GT67 Fletcher?
I dunno... I've never used one.
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
I own a GT 44 and love the little ****er... damn useful tool!!
Care to expound? Useful for_____________....

Thanks,
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well I just ordered my 67. Couldnt have lived with myself if they all went without me. I'm getting a 44 on loan too. I will report back when I have some feedback on that. No pun intended.
J
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any good place in america to still pick these up...I always wanted one, cause they have my initials, if for no other reason.
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What about the GT66, being sold at banjo center this weekend for $499?! worth the dollars?
Old 1st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If it's good for a banjo, it must be worth it Did I read somewhere that the only difference between the GT66 and the 67 was the 66 was cardioid only?

DW
Old 1st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think the capsule might be the same, but if you look at them, they are totally different shapes. You might think that if they were the same thing but with fewer patterns, GT would have saved themselves some cash and put them in indentical casing...
Old 1st March 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by doug_hti
What about the GT66, being sold at banjo center this weekend for $499?! worth the dollars?
That's the regular price on that, and it's one of the only two models they carry.
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
GT Mic family

Hi... I'm New here, But I am A Gt Mic Owner (in fact I'm the man responsible for Sly's interest....)

The Gt Family structure is Much as Follows.
Top End Is the Gt67 Multi polar pattern Valve Mic, Twin Diagphragm to allow true Figure 8 and omni, as well as cardioid and hyper cardioid.
This diagphragm is the common element in the 66, 57 and 55 Mics...

The 55 and 66 are fixed pattern single diagphragm models and are essentially the same Mic, But the 66 is valve, and the 55 is FET circuitry.
The 57 and 67 are again FET and Valve respectively, the only difference is that the 67 offers an additional choice between Hyper cardioid and Cardioid as well.

The Gt44 and GT33 are again very similar and differentiated again really by only valve or FET circuitry ........
the 44/33 are differentiated from the 55,57,66,67 in that they are End firing designs as opposed to Side address designs.

I Own a 55 a 57 and a 67.... And Am probably going to buy a 33/44 in the near future as a result of Sly's trial of it....

I have other Mics, (don't we all??) But I am Becoming very fond of theses Groove tubes Mics.

In most of the rest of the world they are distributed By M-Audio... although i believe there are seperate arrangements in place currently in ther States, due to an ongoing contract.

I am well Pleased with all My GT Mics.... Certainly given the price I Paid ...
(Digital Village did a SERIOUS clearance at the Sounds Expo show & I paid @Β£400 for the set of 55/57/67)

I Lent Sly The 67 to do some appraisals for Vocal Work, as he's Currently doing more of that work than i am.......

Now he wants one of his own..... (correction, he's bought one!!!)

They are all well worth looking at......

Have Fun
Max
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
and a 44 Max....
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well you BAAAD Boy Sly

Cool... I suspect I too will succumb to it....

PS....
Sly is the man responsible for my untimely arrival on Gear Slutz...

I Do hope you are all grown up enough to forgive him (eventually)

best regards
Max
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hang on a mo! I didnt say anything....And I certainly didnt show him the secret handshake. Security round here is a joke.

J
πŸ“ Reply