Quantcast
Lil' Summit Micpre, Leveling amp, DI....anyone used em? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lil' Summit Micpre, Leveling amp, DI....anyone used em?
Old 25th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lil' Summit Micpre, Leveling amp, DI....anyone used em?

Curious to know if anyone has any experience with these new half rack space Summit boxes.(I don't have the model numbers)
A buddy of mine used the Leveling Amp and loves it.
anyone?
Old 25th February 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
I've got a pair of the TLA-50's here right now - they work just fine for me - I may even like them better than the TAL-100's. If you like the sound of the older TLA, you may well to like the sound of the new one.
Old 26th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What are you using them on? They seem cheap enough to add for another flavor.
Old 26th February 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Say Dave ...

Have you used it with guitar ? I've been thinking of convincing an act act I've been working with to get one of those for his live gigs. His Guild p/u sounds like ****e and he's been getting some high profile opening slots for the majors when they roll through town. All ood, but I grit my teeth every time I hear his gtr come through the stack
Old 26th February 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by planet red
What are you using them on? They seem cheap enough to add for another flavor.
Well, they are here for a review, so I've been using them on a whole bunch of things - Acoustics, electrics, steel, vox, mandolin. I didn't like them on bass (but I despise the TLA-100's on bass), thought that they were OK for vocals, and liked them quite a bit on acoustic, mando and dobro. And steel was quite nice.
Old 26th February 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by ghoost
Say Dave ...

Have you used it with guitar ? I've been thinking of convincing an act act I've been working with to get one of those for his live gigs. His Guild p/u sounds like ****e and he's been getting some high profile opening slots for the majors when they roll through town. All ood, but I grit my teeth every time I hear his gtr come through the stack
You know that no compressor will make a typical acoustic guitar pickup sound great. However, I've been really knocked out by the sound of the pickup in the Santa Cruz guitar, at least compared with about everything else I've heard. The one in my wife's Santa Cruz has no volume or tone controls, though it does use a battery; I've run it into an Evil Twin, a Countryman, and the active Littlelabs DI, and it sounds quite nice with no EQ at the board. But I digress...

The next time she's doing either a live radio broadcast or a gig with a decent sound guy (as opposed to the yahoos that the Opryland Hotel usually has), I might have her take a compressor and see if it helps.
Old 26th February 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
You know that no compressor will make a typical acoustic guitar pickup sound great. However, I've been really knocked out by the sound of the pickup in the Santa Cruz guitar, at least compared with about everything else I've heard. The one in my wife's Santa Cruz has no volume or tone controls, though it does use a battery; I've run it into an Evil Twin, a Countryman, and the active Littlelabs DI, and it sounds quite nice with no EQ at the board. But I digress...

Dave ..

I think I had brain freeze in the prior post yuktyy I was thinking of the TD100 Pre/DI box they came out with and whether it would make a significant difference. I've also thought about talking him into a different p/u ... the one where the mic floats behind the strings (in the Santa Cruz?). They sound pretty decent anytime I've run across em. I will definitlty keep your chain in mind.

Have you heard that TD100 ?
Old 26th February 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by ghoost

Have you heard that TD100 ?
No, I haven't heard it.
πŸ“ Reply