schematics for aux sends? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
schematics for aux sends?
Old 18th February 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
schematics for aux sends?

I'm thinking of building a channel strip that would take a line signal, run it through two aux sends and a fader. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?
Reason, there are some summing buss modules that are currently out on the market which provide 16 line ins with pan to a high quality summing buss. So, to use this as a analog mixing console I would need channel strips that privide the aux sends and the fader. I'm thinking this would give a really high quality sound for a lot less than a new high end console.
Any thoughts?
Old 18th February 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Re: schematics for aux sends?

Quote:
Originally posted by Coldsnow
I'm thinking of building a channel strip that would take a line signal, run it through two aux sends and a fader. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?
Reason, there are some summing buss modules that are currently out on the market which provide 16 line ins with pan to a high quality summing buss. So, to use this as a analog mixing console I would need channel strips that privide the aux sends and the fader. I'm thinking this would give a really high quality sound for a lot less than a new high end console.
Any thoughts?
If you are thinking about the Inward Connections SBM-2, Boutique Audio can build an aux system for it. If you want 16 P&G faders, they can add this too. If you want group faders or grouping control... done.

Of course this will cost you. But hey if you got the dough...
Old 18th February 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yea, that is what I was thinking. The reason I asked is, their 16X2 unit is very affordable for what you get. However, the individual projects get very pricey (understandably). Therefore, if there was a more economical way of adding faders and auxes and then they just plug into their existing unit might be a more what I can afford.
Old 18th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Doesnt shure have some sort of auxillary expander thing? I'm pretty sure that would work for you.
Old 18th February 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hey Bombguy,
I'm assuming you are from bombfactory. Off the subject, Why don't you guys come up with a hardware piece that would have ADAT in and outs and give you 8 channels of 1176, LA2a, and Pultecs. For us non DAW users. I would think if you didn't put in AD or DA converters it could be pretty inexpensive and could interface with either DAW or Non DAW/Non computer users.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…