Quantcast
Cubase/Cool Edit Pro Questions... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase/Cool Edit Pro Questions...
Old 15th February 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Cubase/Cool Edit Pro Questions...

Can Cool Edit Pro 2.0 be considered "recording software"? It seems to be able to multi-track/EQ/master with infinite tracks. What would I be missing if I were just to get CEP 2.0 as opposed to the other fine programs such as Cubase SX? Will I be able to produce nice demo material with just CEP 2.0??? Is it possible, assuming I KNOW what I am doing, to get a great production out of JUST this software? In other words, if I were to purchase Cubase SX for my PC, would I have the ability to add FX to certain tracks and segments of tracks, and wave edit,trim silence, etc like I am able to do with Cool Edit Pro's software? Would Cubase better use my soundcard in a way that Cool Edit CANNOT?? I apologize for the multitude of questions. All I want to have the ability to do is to record finished sequences from my Kurzweil workstation direct into soundcard, and then add vocal tracks and other addtional tracks as I go. (No midi required) Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks so much in advance, ~~~~Lee
📝 Reply