Good Studio Chairs - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Good Studio Chairs
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Good Studio Chairs

Hey everyone...
My studio has been in "start up" mode for the past year and 1/2 but i finally got some money so i went chair shopping. It turns out i totally dug these chairs they had at officemax and got a few.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...kOID=536943115

They go on sale for only $99 starting on sunday so i thought i'd let you guys know if you wanted an economical, high quality chair that looks the business as well.

It has really heavy duty wheels and everything is built on a metal frame. none of that plastic **** found on most office furniture.

Just wanted to spread the news for the people like me who are bottom feeders!
Old 14th February 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Uh, thanks for the link. You wanna try that again? yuktyy
Got a model number?
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
my session has timed out!??!! damnit!

Ok...do this.

Go to http://www.officemax.com

On the left under Furniture click on "Chairs".

Then on the next page click on "Executive High-Back Chairs" in the menu on the left.

It should be the first chair on this page in the left column. Called "Mesh Executive Chair".

I'm telling you, worth $100 easily.
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Aeron ripoffs?

the real deal is ridiculously good. this...? dunno, if you say so.
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That does look like a bit of an Aeron ripoff, eh?

Believe it or not there are other good high-end chairs besides the Aeron; the Humanscale Freedom Task Chair is excellent, and the new Knoll Life Chair is extremely comfortable, flexible and a good bit simpler.

None of the above beats $99, however... let us know if it's any good.

-dave
Old 14th February 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
if its the aeron ripoff looking one... i have one in my studio and like it better than those trampoline aerons.... and for $99 you cant beat these with a lead pipe.
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hey alpha, what the hell are we doing up so early?

-dave
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
We've got a hodge-podge of chairs...one 'good one' for me to set in for hours at a time...but I'm really thinking about hooking up a 12 volt battery to the chair used by people who try and 'help' me mix...The old "keep your hands over there and that won't happen again" chair...

and FWIW: the Sam's here has some pretty decent office furniture for stupidly low prices..kinda industrial, but that's what is needed.....I think.
Old 14th February 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by dave-G
hey alpha, what the hell are we doing up so early?
i dunno man... the wife has me on this severely backwards schedule of getting up early and going to bed before 1am... and we let our 3yo play hookey from school today so im mr mom today till she gets off work.

ive been up at 6:30am for the past week. guess i cant rock and roll all night forever.
Old 14th February 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I'll second Dave G's mention of the Humanscale Freedom Chair. It's pricey, but really comfortable! I have some ongoing back and neck issues (could it be due to the 10 hours a day I spend at the computer? Nah!) and since I got the Freedom Chair things have improved a lot. It's a lot better than the Aeron chair - I've used 'em both.

It is a whole lotta dough for a chair, but I figure it's actually the single most-used piece of gear in my studio, so the AMD (ass-minute/dollar ratio) is pretty high.

Oh, yeah - hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a while, but I think this is my first post. Thanks for all the info, opinions, and general B.S.!

ds
Old 14th February 2003
VIP

🎧 15 years
I got a couple of the Aeron chairs at the studio and they are extremely comfortable but I have a problem with static with those chairs. The mesh is made of Nylon and the wheels are Nylon, so when rolling around on laminated wood floor (like Pergo) it creates a static charge, especially when the air is dry and when wearing certain kind of clothes, mostly the comfortable studio kind. I called the company and they say they are aware of that problem and they have an elaborate system to get rif of the static (wire mesh that goes under the floor etc), needless to say that it would would cost the same as a couple of great mic pres. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting rid of the Aerons and get something else, gotta check out that Humanscale Freedom Chair. Any prices available? Great post, thanx.
Old 14th February 2003
Founder

Perhaps a huidifyer in the CR would cure the problem?

All cotton socks?

I have 3 Aerons, clients LOVE em.

Jules
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
if its the aeron ripoff looking one... i have one in my studio and like it better than those trampoline aerons.... and for $99 you cant beat these with a lead pipe.
Everything he said plus they are pretty damn comfortable as well.
Old 14th February 2003
VIP

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Perhaps a huidifyer in the CR would cure the problem?

All cotton socks?

I have 3 Aerons, clients LOVE em.

Jules
Tried all that. The humidity in the CR is held at a constant 55%, different socks/clothes, no socks, different shoes. The only thing that works is spraying the chair with anti-static spray, which smells really bad and only last for about 6 hours. I'll try to swap the chair from my office which is a OpenArk Vertebra system.
Old 14th February 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
Anyway, I'm thinking of getting rid of the Aerons and get something else, gotta check out that Humanscale Freedom Chair. Any prices available? Great post, thanx.
Hey, Michael - If you decide to get rid of the Aerons (especially cheap), let me know. I could even pick them up...
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I picked up this Aeron knock off at Office Depot, very comfortable, plus it has a headrest ( to protect me from screaming rectified guitar whiplash!heh )
http://www.officedepot.com/shop/cata...89N2W9D&PP=301
Watch your local store as they run a special sometimes, picked mine up for 139.00 I think. TommyD
Old 15th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
life chair

What is the street price of the knoll lifechair?
It looks awesome, where do I get it one in LA?
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…