Quantcast
why do the local studios suck? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
why do the local studios suck?
Old 13th February 2003
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
hammer's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I was once told that 75% of what we do is people skills. The other 25% is engineering/producing..technical stuff.

All the crap guys dissappear eventually. If you love what you do (you obviously do to even bring up this thread) then relax.

Artists who go for the cheap recordings are usually not worth recording. If you enjoy what you do and are better than the other guys, make sure that you charge accordingly.

I know this cause I used to be one of the "crap guys", who was dirt cheap to hire and recorded nothing but turd after turd for a couple of years.

Wilbur Smith once said "The only difference between a successful author and a non-successful one is that the non-successful one gave up".

If all the local stuff is crap, and you play your cards right, your business could soon boom.

peace
H.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 62 views: 26074
Avatar for chessparov2.0
chessparov2.0 21st December 2020
replies: 4616 views: 612096
Avatar for smoke
smoke 7th May 2021
replies: 1170 views: 260908
Avatar for t2299219
t2299219 2 weeks ago
replies: 98 views: 37542
Avatar for dfghdhr
dfghdhr 1 week ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump