Quantcast
New puter a'comin'...decisions..Hmmm - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New puter a'comin'...decisions..Hmmm
Old 28th January 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
New puter a'comin'...decisions..Hmmm

I am awaiting the arrival of a new puter (WinXP/p4/2.4GZ/512mem/120gb HD) for the continued purposes of directing sequenced compositions from my Kurzweil workstation direct into soundcard. Then I will add vocals thru Joemeek and his friend "Marshall" MXL67. I have been using Cakewalk Pro8 and Cool Edit Pro 1.0 on my P2/333mz. Updating is probably needed here with the new system. I will try to explain what I need so maybe someone can offer a reasonably moderate priced suggestion. I need multi-track abilities, great wave editing, 30 band equalization, etc. Would Sonar XL 2.O fit the bill? Or would I also need wave editing software such as Cool Edit?....and....will Cool Edit 1.0 work in Windows XP? (I have NO need for MIDI-sequencing software and probably will not be using it in the future.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope I made my quest clear and mentioned the equipment and the purpose for use, obvious. IE., very simple, but capable. Thanks in advance!! ~~~Lee
Old 28th January 2003
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Samplitude Professional 24/96
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…