Quantcast
Whisper Room ISO BOOTHS - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Whisper Room ISO BOOTHS
Old 27th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Whisper Room ISO BOOTHS

So, I've done gigs in hotel rooms, artist houses, studio lounges, tour buses, concert halls, and everyplace in between. I've been seeing this "Whisper Booths" for sale here and there and was thinking it would be pretty cool for my home studio set up, as well as something I could take with me should I move.
How well do they work? Does the ventalation suck? Some have fans, are they noisey as all hell? Are they "safe", and sturdy? What are the pros and cons?
Old 28th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Too expensive. No idea how well they work, but for a 15x12 room, it was gonna be like $16,000. For that money, I could build my own about 8 times over again if I had to move. For the mobile thing, they are probably cool, though. One thing... you would still probably need a box truck to transport the walls once you break them down.
Old 28th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oops, wait.. I was talking about the Wenger mobile rooms. Doh
Old 29th January 2003
urumita

🎧 15 years
I had a small 3x4 and an 8x6. Isolation is good, ventilation is good, Acoustics inside is, well, boxy. They're not "portable" by any means. To Assemble one takes at least an hour and to disassemble it takes longer. If you leave it up all the time it's probably easier to build something, you can always take it down. If you want an option for a studio, 3 interns, someone who knows where all the pieces go and an hour and a half, you've divided a room into 2 without a super hassle. They have wheels.
There are probably easier less expensive ways to do it.
I remember having to stuff them with bass traps.
On one project we got a more than useable drum sound, it was also good for horn duos. The small one was good for bass or guitar amps, percussion, solo violin, horn and of course vocalists, wasn't big enough for a double bass (another foot in both dimensions would've been enough)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…