The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MMmmm.... Cranesong EGRET!!!!
Old 31st December 2004
  #31
Gear Guru
 
thethrillfactor's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 20 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaman


AD conversion: I like, what I bought. This is ca. 1 year ago. But I know it still could be better on the top end (especially since I heard what Dave did for DA conversion in the Avocet...)

The D/A was always the weaklink on the HEDD 192K.

I am sure he wanted to improve it.


The A/D has its own unique sound.


Its not neutral or sterile sounding.
Old 31st December 2004
  #32
Registered User
 
catfish11's Avatar
 
🎧 20 years
the only reason i even posted is because you trashed a reputable company, thus perhaps affecting how others view them and their products
i feel wholely unjustifiably

i wasn't really giving you a lesson in capitalism, though many could certainly use one, when demanding this service or upgrade as if companies can actually afford to continually revisit thier products and question their decisions in bringing them to market

what i was really saying is that someone who buys something that explicitly states what it does and then expects it do something other is just plain STUPID

i hope i clarified my thoughts

Dave Hill is not God, the PHOENIX is God

ALOHA!!!!!
Old 31st December 2004
  #33
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
The A/D has its own unique sound.
Its not neutral or sterile sounding.
Yes - it sounds good. More organic and usable than the digi 192.
To me it only sounds a bit "dated" compared to the absolute amazing brilliant, open & transparent character of the new Avocet D/A.......................**** am I making compliments for CS now

Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11
... because you trashed a reputable company, thus perhaps affecting how others view them and their products
i feel wholely unjustifiably...
I think I put my pros and cons for CS very detailed.
I didn´t intend to trash them in no way.
If CS is as good as you say, their reputation can handle it.

It´s allways a bit dangerous if too many people cry PRAISE, PRAISE this or that just because other people do the same without thinking critically. I´m taking notice of such recent trends on gearslutz with certain products / companies.
Sorry for being critical

Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11
...when demanding this service or upgrade as if companies can actually afford to continually revisit thier products and question their decisions in bringing them to market

what i was really saying is that someone who buys something that explicitly states what it does and then expects it do something other is just plain STUPID...
Thousands of PT users must be idiots as soon as they feel the lust to upgrade. I guess I still could be a happy PT 24 owner instead of my recent HD 4 systemheh

If I´m not mistaken also the recent HEDD 192 is an upgraded version of the original HEDD. Stupid....they even could make money with the Spider AD upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11
Dave Hill is not God, the PHOENIX is God
I own & love the Phoenix.
But a god.........very sad religion
Old 31st December 2004
  #34
Registered User
 
De chromium cob's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11
the only reason i even posted is because you trashed a reputable company, thus perhaps affecting how others view them and their products
i feel wholely unjustifiably

i wasn't really giving you a lesson in capitalism, though many could certainly use one, when demanding this service or upgrade as if companies can actually afford to continually revisit thier products and question their decisions in bringing them to market

what i was really saying is that someone who buys something that explicitly states what it does and then expects it do something other is just plain STUPID

i hope i clarified my thoughts

Dave Hill is not God, the PHOENIX is God

ALOHA!!!!!
I dont feel he trashed anyone- just voiced a couple complaints. You on the other hand attacked Shaman for speaking his mind about products he has spent thousands and thousands of dollars for. Say what you want about his other complaints, but a noisy PS in a product that expensive is totally unacceptable and a reason to be a little miffed about it not being taken care of.
My 2 cents-

MAHALO!!!!
Old 31st December 2004
  #35
Registered User
 
catfish11's Avatar
 
🎧 20 years
just to show you what a fine and equitable guy i am
i am in full concurance - digi's D/A sucks!
also their limited routing leaves alot to be desired

but unfortuately the strengths of a accel tdm system
in conjunction w/ the functionality and price point of a control24
remains, for me untouchable in the marketplace

though they will sometimes answer their phone
and make no mistake they are most certainly not God
i believe they are more in league with

if you know what i mean

i am just waiting for these guys

to upgrade their hypersonic moduler virtual true
time transparent laser drive resonating 9216k
sampling system and finally get rid of that annoying
space time glich that sends you back to 836 AD
and forces you to battle Vikings just to set up the frigg'n mics
jeesh!!!
can't anyone get it RIGHT!!!!!
Old 31st December 2004
  #36
Registered User
 
catfish11's Avatar
 
🎧 20 years
"I would prefer if Dave finally would upgrade the old spider AD converters, fix the mechanical humming of the Spider´s power supply, find a way to make the cable between the power supply and the Spider longer than 1,5 !! meter, fix the mechanical relay clicking noise in the Avocet, add a digital output in it and would release the 5.1 Avocet version.

However I have the impression, cranesong doesn´t take enough time to take care of details of their allready existing products at the moment....Instead of it they announce myths of new products, which will be available 1 1/2 years later (as in the case of Avocet"

that is slightly more than a comment on the power supply

i believe shaman stated that the problem w/ the conversion was that it didn't go to 192k like he wanted and lacked certain qualities he expected

the thread was about a new product from cranesong
he proceeded to trash them
i like them
i proceeded to defend them

i totally agree if one is spending loads of $$$$$$
and does not do the research, who is to blame?

the issue with the power is legit, again research might have helped

stuff makes noise there are easy ways to fix them

power conditioners?
isolation boxes?

i own the spider and DO NOT have these issues
i am certain if it made noise and could not be delt with
cranesong would have been happy to accept a return
in a timely fashion
without the need to trash a good company
there is a waiting list, you know

"i would prefer if Dave finally would upgrade the old spider AD converters"

i mean what the fukk does this mean
it is meaningless, they are integrated in the modules
but someone reading this could well surmise there is a quality issue
well there ISN"T.
his issue is the fact that they don't go to 192k
they never did and if that is why he bought it
then he is STUPID
Old 31st December 2004
  #37
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11


i believe shaman stated that the problem w/ the conversion was that it didn't go to 192k like he wanted and lacked certain qualities he expected

I believe your problem with critical opinions lies in the fact, that once, when you were 12 years old you thought, your mother told your uncle Heinz she cookes noodles without salt while your father secretly wished you should eventually become a priest - sigmund. heh
You thought, your mother would love you, if you ate her noodles without moaning while your mother thought it would be a good idea cooking noodles without salt every day...

Quote:
Originally posted by catfish11
his issue is the fact that they don't go to 192k
they never did and if that is why he bought it
then he is STUPID
SALT I say, SALT .....!

Use it in small doses for the beginning.....works with noodles, soups............and sometimes also............but be careful with that as a newbie...............in life......................


I will close my laptop now and enjoy the party.

I wish you all a happy new year, with or without cranesong
Old 31st December 2004
  #38
Registered User
 
catfish11's Avatar
 
🎧 20 years
just kidding
i luv u brother!!!!!!!!!
merry 2005
Old 1st January 2005
  #39
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Old 7th January 2005
  #40
Registered User
 
Thelod's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Crane Song has posted a pdf for Egret.

Here is the where you can find that pdf:

http://www.cranesong.com/downloads/e...rst%20data.pdf
Old 7th January 2005
  #41
Registered User
 
kevinc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
[Edited due to the sauce]
Old 7th January 2005
  #42
Lives for gear
 
Mind-Over-Midi's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Thelod
Crane Song has posted a pdf for Egret.

Here is the where you can find that pdf:

http://www.cranesong.com/downloads/e...rst%20data.pdf
Thanks for posting!

Anyone have any idea (guess) of the projected price? My guess? $3500.00
Old 7th January 2005
  #43
Registered User
 
heinz's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaman
I believe your problem with critical opinions lies in the fact, that once, when you were 12 years old you thought, your mother told your uncle Heinz she cookes noodles without salt...
Well I sure as heck told her to use the damn salt, otherwise the noodles are pretty bland.
Old 7th January 2005
  #44
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
heh
Old 9th January 2005
  #45
Company Rep
 
DrDeltaM's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
First data on Egret:
http://www.cranesong.com/downloads/e...rst%20data.pdf
Old 3rd April 2006 | Show parent
  #46
Registered User
 
A101's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Well, it is time that this discussion continues…
So really what’s up with Egret?
Old 3rd April 2006
  #47
Lives for gear
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hate to bring this back on topic, but from a marketing perspective the name "Egret" is *WAY* to close to "Regret".

Says nothing about the product, but 'marketing is everything'
Old 8th April 2007
  #48
Lives for gear
 
Jamzone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevelicious ➡️
8 channel D/A with a stereo mixer...... perfect sidekick to the Spider. Anyone see this thing yet>
Posted 30th December 2004, 05:18 PM....


Well, the 1 1/2 years is exceeded...

Really interested in the Egret though. Any news???


///Jamzone
Old 8th April 2007 | Show parent
  #49
Lives for gear
 
woomanmoomin's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
My one concern about all this is that these guys need to pace themselves with the product releases; otherwise they're slowly but surely going to run out of suitable bird names and some time soon we're going to be here discussing the Cranesong SOUTH ISLAND ADZEBILL or something. I'm not sure that would fit in my rack.
Old 8th April 2007 | Show parent
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Jamzone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by woomanmoomin ➡️
My one concern about all this is that these guys need to pace themselves with the product releases; otherwise they're slowly but surely going to run out of suitable bird names and some time soon we're going to be here discussing the Cranesong SOUTH ISLAND ADZEBILL or something. I'm not sure that would fit in my rack.

LOL, what about the Cranesong LyreBird. 'Your definitive audio processor'... Check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFyqzerHS8


Best,


///Jamzone
Old 8th April 2007 | Show parent
  #51
Lives for gear
 
woomanmoomin's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
If it can do that David Attenborough thing where it imitates the sound of the chainsaws destroying the forest, then I am definitely going to buy one... WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!!
Old 8th April 2007 | Show parent
  #52
Company Rep
 
DrDeltaM's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamzone ➡️
Posted 30th December 2004, 05:18 PM....


Well, the 1 1/2 years is exceeded...

Really interested in the Egret though. Any news???


///Jamzone
I've seen Dave Hill at Musikmesse, he had an Egret there as well

Shipping is expected July if all goes well.
Old 8th April 2007 | Show parent
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Jamzone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM ➡️
I've seen Dave Hill at Musikmesse, he had an Egret there as well

Shipping is expected July if all goes well.
Looking forward to it...


///Jamzone
Old 9th April 2007 | Show parent
  #54
Lives for gear
 
Jamzone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by woomanmoomin ➡️
If it can do that David Attenborough thing where it imitates the sound of the chainsaws destroying the forest, then I am definitely going to buy one... WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!!

Is'nt that just amazing?? Reverbation... everything!! Could'nt believe my ears when I heard this bird...

Of topic but worth a thought...



///Jamzone
Old 3rd February 2008 | Show parent
  #55
DRC
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
What's up with this thing? Can they be chained together? Is there an analog line in to use it as a traditional mixer when not coming back from the Daw?
Old 7th March 2008 | Show parent
  #56
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Bump ... been lurking on this forum for ages ... almost as long as I've been waiting for the Egret! Anyone know anything?!
Old 1st April 2008 | Show parent
  #57
Lives for gear
 
Glamdring's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Old 1st April 2008 | Show parent
  #58
Registered User
 
🎧 15 years
I hope these people now know that you can use the acc port on the back for a digital "thru" on the avocet. but Obviosly only for digital sources. and not if it is 5.1 enabled (i dont think)

I use it to burn quick cds to my HHb for the band to take home after tracking, never had an issue, never thought why it would be so nessasary either, the Avocet is in the top 5 best things I ever bought. sure I had to make my own cable for the acc connection, but hey, engineering is just that right.

i know this is old, but some shit on here was harsh and has apparently been taken care of if you have half a brain.


now, I want an egret too!
Old 18th April 2008 | Show parent
  #59
Gear Maniac
 
sweetmojo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by disuye ➡️
Bump ... been lurking on this forum for ages ... almost as long as I've been waiting for the Egret! Anyone know anything?!
Ha ha!! Makes two of us. I've been waiting for an updated version of the Spider (the 192 version, like the HEDD).

There is some info on their site though. Check it out:

http://www.cranesong.com/downloads/egret%20data.pdf
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 20 views: 7728
Avatar for radicalron
radicalron 12th April 2006
replies: 3 views: 1316
Avatar for eleo
eleo 16th December 2010
replies: 16 views: 3773
Avatar for Jason rocks
Jason rocks 12th November 2014
replies: 3 views: 609
Avatar for Delta Music BE
Delta Music BE 5th October 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump