Quantcast
IBP junior? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IBP junior?
Old 22nd January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
IBP junior?

So when is the IBP jr going to be available to the general public? What's it going to "street" for? Inquiring wallets want to know...
Old 26th January 2003
Don
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I e-mailed them and they said it was $375.00 I belive..So I guess street would be about $325.00 to $350.00..
Old 26th January 2003
Little Labs

🎧 15 years
Hello felllow gear slutz. Here is the press release on the IBP Junior. I have shipped some but I am waiting for new foam cuts for the shipping boxes. They are basically an IBP but without the DI or re-amper feature and without a transformer on the output. They also don't come in the plush foam carrying case(they will come in a grey foam cardboard box though!)
LITTLE LABS INTRODUCES THE IBP JUNIOR
ANALOG PHASE ALIGNMENT TOOL
NAMM WINTER SESSION, ANAHEIM, CA, January 13th, 2003-
Introducing the IBP Junior Analog Phase Alignment Tool. The IBP Junior is the new, economical, basic version of the Little Labs IBP Analog Phase Alignment Tool.
The Little Labs family of IBPs (In-between Phase) easily eliminate the undesirable hollow sound when combining out-of-phase and partially out-of-phase audio signals. Designed as a phase problem solving device, the IBP Analog Phase Alignment Tool has quickly become popular among audio engineers as not only a "fix it" tool but as a controlling audio phase creative, tonal color tool.
Whether combining direct and miked signals, acoustic guitar and vocal mics, drum kit tom-tom mics, or multiple split-guitar amps, audio signals phase can be quickly and easily controlled with the Little Labs IBP Junior Analog Phase Alignment Tool.
The Little Labs IBP Junior Analog Phase Alignment Tool is available immediately for a suggested retail price of $375.00.
β€”
Originally established in 1988, Little Labs was founded by Jonathan Little and has grown to be a leading independent manufacturer and distributor of pro-audio devices for the professional audio industry.
For more information on the complete range of Little Labs products, they can be contacted at, Little Labs 6711 Whitley Terrace, Los Angeles, CA 90068. Tel & Fax: 323/851/6860. www.littlelabs.com

Little Labs is exhibiting at Booth #1538 during the Winter, 2003
NAMM Convention in Anaheim, CA.
Old 27th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks very much for the info... Does the omission of the output transformer alter the sound of the unit from the original at all?
Old 27th January 2003
Little Labs

🎧 15 years
Dear Tim,
It is a really hi quality transformer, sonically it does add the usual a very minor bitobeef. The phase response measures better without the transformer, but the wonderful aspect of ground isolation and hooking up to anything single ended or balanced, the transformer can't be beat. With the ibp used as a DI the transformers ground lift capability is always better than electronically balanced outs, but the Junior doesn't have a DI so that's a mute point. I think the extra dough for the IBP is well worth it for the DI alone, I'd be happy to put up against a U5 or any hi-end DI available. But if you don't have the dough, the Junior will do what you need, to control the phase and in comparison with the IBP sonically it will be very close to its big bro.

Jonathan
Old 27th January 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by littlelabs

I think the extra dough for the IBP is well worth it for the DI alone

Jonathan
That is SO true, the DI in the IBP is the best I`ve ever heard.
It smoked the Avalon U5 the other day, when I was recording some rock bass.
We tracked a take with each and used a few minutes to listen.
The IBP was tighter with a more "in your face" sound. It just sat in the track, and the U5 sounded slightly muddy in comparison......
The bass player (who owns the U5) was shocked.........

Great!

Amund
Old 28th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by littlelabs
... I think the extra dough for the IBP is well worth it for the DI alone, I'd be happy to put up against a U5 or any hi-end DI available...
Hmmm, it seems the IBP "Classic" is indeed the right box for me...

Jonathan, thanks again for your responses.

Regards,

Tim L
πŸ“ Reply