Quantcast
1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS" - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"

now that weve discussed most of the fx boxes out there , i wanna have your opinions bout the TC M5000 .

the only TC unit i own is the 1210 stereo chorus ( which i like a lot ) . i liked most of the TC FX boxes ive heard . comparing the TC units to f.ex LEXICON ( m3000 - pcm91 ) ... LEXICON is what my ears like . playing around with f.ex the finalizer didnt make me happy at all .

getting a M5000 with the dual option and aes ins , remote and mastering option is about 2500 U$$ ( used ) .

what do you think about this unit ???

is it worth it or would you rather go for the kurzweil ???
( we have already a thread bout the kurzweil , i know that )

let me know ...
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Go with the Kurzweil.

The M5000 has seen better times. It is still useful, but there are other things out there that are better like the Kurzweil. If you have a little more cash, I would also recommend the DSP7000/7500(it does 96K and you can expand it to do surround). At times I like it better than the Kurzweil.

The Kurzweil is still among efx procesors the best buy.
Old 20th January 2003
nkf
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: 1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"

Quote:
Originally posted by 5down1up

getting a M5000 with the dual option and aes ins , remote and mastering option is about 2500 U$$ ( used ) .

I never liked the M5000 because of it's grainy metallic sound. The only thing that I remember positively were some delay programs ...
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: 1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"

Quote:
Originally posted by nkf
I never liked the M5000 because of it's grainy metallic sound. The only thing that I remember positively were some delay programs ...

hmmm .... quite the oposite of the way I remember mine. Wouldn't even cross my mind to look for something else whenever looking for a big, natural and warm sounding reverb.
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: 1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"

Quote:
Originally posted by 5down1up

is it worth it or would you rather go for the kurzweil ???
( we have already a thread bout the kurzweil , i know that )

let me know ...
Awesome. Get it. They threw a compilation of other TC stuff in the unit like the 2290, a STEREO TC XII Phaser, a cleaner version of the TC1210 Spatial Expander, the TC Chorus pedal, and the CORE (Co-efficient Optimized Room Emulator) bank that is incredible for drums. The goldplate, 480LHall, and MASTER CD are also presets I frequent. I would not classify it as "metallic sounding", myself. I felt the tails of the reverbs were some of the best I've heard. The effects are so much cleaner than most on the market. If you plan on using this into a digital only set up (only with a DAW, or Digital console) I highly suggest getting 4 aes engines. It's like getting 4 units in one.
Old 20th January 2003
nkf
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: 1 more time "TC ELECTRONICS"

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
hmmm .... quite the oposite of the way I remember mine. Wouldn't even cross my mind to look for something else whenever looking for a big, natural and warm sounding reverb.
I had a M5000 for review when it came out and I couldn't find anything 'natural', and 'warm'. Now I have a System6000 and it includes a lot of the M5000 programs. Can you point me to a preset of these programs (the 6000 has from the 5000) you would describe as 'big, natural and warm'? But maybe you have programmed very good rooms yourself I don't know? That would explain something ... or it's all in the perception ...
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a dual engine M5000 that I have used for several years now. Big and warm is not what i would call it, but then big and warm is not something that I associate with reverb.

It has a lot of different flavors to choose from and is way above average for reverb hardware or plug-in. As somone who also owns an Eventide DSP4500 and DSP7000 as well as a M300 and PCM91, I think it fits well with each manufacurer giving three very different flavors to choose from. I'm sure glad I got mine. TC Electronic just annouced a new M4000 2-ch reverb only box with the best of M5000 and some of the M6000 reverbs to compete with the PCM91. USB and editor software, 24/96, ADAT I/O

http://www.tcelectronic.com
Old 22nd January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
very different opinions on that one

thx
πŸ“ Reply