Quantcast
TC Electronics Reverb 4000 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronics Reverb 4000
Old 17th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
TC Electronics Reverb 4000

I hope they price this right...this is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered...I have a nuverb that i have never even used...but I think I will just sell it and get this...assuming this can get the Lushness of the lexicon....

More in here
Old 18th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Wow. I am lusting. I love my 3000 and am looking for another unit. HMMMMMMyuktyy
Old 18th January 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Re: TC Electronics Reverb 4000

Quote:
Originally posted by etherize

I hope they price this right...this is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered...I have a nuverb that i have never even used...but I think I will just sell it and get this...assuming this can get the Lushness of the lexicon....

More in here
If the 6000 can't even emulate or come close to the Lexicon for that "sound" what makes you think the one engine "spinoff" can?

TC's reverbs(and effects) have always been kinda on the thin and clear side.

I think if you want that "lush/colored"reverb sound, than a Lex(480L or 960L) is still hard to beat.
Old 18th January 2003
Founder

They should make all these little boxes surround capable... including the Eclips from Eventide..

Is the 4000 96k??

Cool for 96k DAW's then!!!
Old 18th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Yep 96k...

thethrillfactor i thought people were saying that the 6000 with its new reverb updates last year (classic?) has algorithms that sound like Lexi... ok then well I'll keep the nuverb then... Im curious if anyone got a chance to hear the new UAD Dreamverb at NAMM that is suppose to sound lush...
Old 18th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The TC boxes don't get near the lushness of the Lexicon sound. TC is a thinner clearer type sound, although quite nice in its own right. I own Lex and TC boxes and they compliment each other nicely.

The 4000 looks interesting, and they changed the user interface a bit as well. I can't believe I was at the NAMM show for two days and missed this...
Old 18th January 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
They should make all these little boxes surround capable... including the Eclips from Eventide..

Is the 4000 96k??

Cool for 96k DAW's then!!!
Look st the DSP7000/7500.

Even though it is a stereo version of the Orville, it has expansion slots in the back for surround. You can add them on alter if you wish.

Compared to the Eclipse, it makes the Eclipse look like a toy. You also pay for it($1k) more but I think its worth it.
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Ok someone just posted on the Digi forum that it is going to be $4999! screw that... I thought it was going to list for under 3 grand... oh well
Old 20th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
it's retail price is $2995
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Look at the DSP7000/7500.

Even though it is a stereo version of the Orville, it has expansion slots in the back for surround. You can add them on alter if you wish.
Hey Thrilfactor, where did you get this info? As someone who keeps close tabs to Eventide news, I have not heard about this. Surely no mention of it at Eventide's booth at NAMM. There are two different hardware updates in the works for Orville (4-more AES and ADAT I/O) but not for anything else. Can you elborate?
Old 25th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by ZEUSS
Wow. I am lusting. I love my 3000 and am looking for another unit. HMMMMMMyuktyy
How bout this:

buy my 3000 from me for a bit more than it's worth, so that I can buy the 4000.

Old 25th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Nah. But you could buy the ksp8 with remote and AES card and I will trade you my 3000 and throw in an M-one for it?
πŸ“ Reply