Quantcast
What y'all think of my hip-hop mix? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What y'all think of my hip-hop mix?
Old 14th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What y'all think of my hip-hop mix?

I know we got some big pro's on here, so i'd love to get a reaction on my latest dubious bootleg offering!
Any suggestions on how to get closer to THAT sound would be well appreciated:

http://www.mad-fat.com/busta%20piter%20bounce.mp3

sorry but it's a high bit-rate mp3

cheers!

Old 14th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I liked it very much.

My only criticsim is that the Rap was non stop from start to finish (nearly)

It would have been nice to give the ears a rest from the rap and let the music do some of the talking so to speak.

As for the production I cant cooment as I'm listening on a set of v cheap headphones plugged in to my PC.

PS
I'm presuming the rhyme is an accapella. Is it?
Old 14th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
cheers for the (qualified) thumbs up......

.........yes, i took the accapela (i will go to the grave unable to spell that word) from the internet (as an mp3), and did my own production under it (no loops, all programmed)......

.......actually, anyone stateside able to hook me up on some remixes (no cure, no pay)?..........i know it's pissing in the dark but it doesn't hurt to ask!
Old 14th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
About your mix, WTF does this have to do with:

"Gear, gonzo rock n rolling on a DAW + session & music biz politics"???

Jules move this thread PLEASE.

I don't want to see this place turn into Craig Anderton's forum of OT (Off Topic).

Hey, about your mix, it sound a lot drier to me than most rap. It sounds like it has less FX that mainstream or produced hardcore rap. Perhaps it's mixed right for underground rap.

There's a lot of other forums on the web where your post would be relevant. You'd also probably receive a lot more input on your mix.
Old 15th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

i am trying right now to get access to listen to it ( doesnt look like it will work ) . i like to listen to the stuff you guys are doing and i have asked a million times for that . i dont know what your problem is faeflora ??? isnt this site all about music ???
whats all the advices good for if you cant hear em ???
a lot of people would be more than proud to get more feedback about their music & passion . i am sorry faeflora but telling stuff like you do on this topic isnt a good idea at all .

do we need the police now , or what ???
Old 15th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
after 10 mins of waiting , i finaly could hear it grggt ( isdn connection ) . first thought , damn jazzius can rap heh next thought , well thats mr. busta heh ( it took almost 4ever to download , so i forgot all the facts , hrhrhr ) . i think its cool , could be maybe a little more agressive . i agree with robin as well , ... anyway ... GOOD JOB
Old 15th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by 5down1up

i dont know what your problem is faeflora ??? isnt this site all about music ???
whats all the advices good for if you cant hear em ???
do we need the police now , or what ???
I didn't know this site was about music. I thought it was about GEAR and SLUTZ.

I thought this forum was about GEAR and SESSIONS and DAW.

Huh? Music? What's that? Go elsewhere to receive opinions on this "music" you speak of.

fuuck fuuck fuuck fuuck fuuck fuuck
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
nice attitude , i love that ... WONDERFUL

its mission impossible for my tiny brain to imagine how open minded some people are . ok i agree we just have 2003 .
needs maybe another 10000 years to lose that stoneage attitude .

meanwhile ...

dfegad grggt
Old 17th January 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
unngh. unngh.

Quote:
I thought this forum was about GEAR and SESSIONS and DAW.
My guess is this was probably recorded in a SESSION using a DAW and GEAR, but i may be wrong. Even though it may not be the perfect place to post this, it takes guts to leave yourself open for criticism.

Anyhoo, in regards to the music, the overall feel is really nice, but i felt the production on the synth/bass was somewhat at odds with the production on the vocal. To my ears, it's too up-front, too dry, and somewhat distracting. Also wouldn't mind a little variation in the level/placement/cleanliness etc.

Saying this however, i really liked your choice of drum sounds, especially the kick. Very tight and very fat.

Overall, if it was me, I would have brought the vocal up in the mix, the synth down and back, and widened the stereo spread using a little more drastic panning (maybe the bg vocals?).

best of luck!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…