Quantcast
Really Cool Headphones - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Really Cool Headphones
Old 14th January 2003
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Really Cool Headphones

On Fletcher's recommendation I bought a pair of 'Ultrasone HFI-2000' headphones. It came about from a thread asking,"What headphones....to mix with...". Most realize you can't 'completely' mix on headphones, etc. I'm not here to start all of that up again. I was never a 'headphone' guy. Not as a kid and not now. If I'm in a situation where I must wear them for a while I realize that I suddenly rip them off of my head with some utterance like, "AAAHHHH!!!". You know...right when you realize how much they hurt. And then, of course, it's what the **** is this? Oh...Speakers!!
So...I have been using the 'Ultrasone's' for a few weeks now. The very first session was a female vocalist who, to put it mildly, flipped out! (Now, that's worth the price right there). She loved them, certainly compared to 7506's. I decided to do some work late last night, which is rare. I had these suckers on for HOURS and didn't even realize it. Whenever I took them off and gradually turned up the speakers, the little guy in my head said, "These *sound* like the speakers??!!"

Just wanted to give a heads up on a real find.

Sincerely,
Benjy

www.benjyking.com
Old 14th January 2003
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Here's a link.
http://www.ultrasone.com/
Old 14th January 2003
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Ultrasone

After wearing phones like 'Ultrasone' or 'Grado', the 7506's sound so bright as to appear broken! I used to think the Sony's sounded so good. Mmm? Strange.

"Benji, did you find your "dark" almost muffled."

No. I think they sound very much like speakers. They are a 'little' odd at first. They must be worn correctly.

From the company: "For best results only wear your HFI-2000 with the cable on the left side. This is necessary because of the non centric location of the driver. Exchanging the sides would lead to a reduction of the 3-D impression."
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…