Megamix automation opinions - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Megamix automation opinions
Old 12th January 2003
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Megamix automation opinions

Jay, I noticed that you liquidated your Megamix system in favor of the Mackie unit. What was the knock on Megamix?
If you're out there Drumsound, I'd like to know your opinion of it as well.

Thanks.
Old 13th January 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I never hooked up the system because "Professional" movers ****ed-up the console I was going to install it on. I still have the system. Shoot me and email at [email protected] if you're interested. The reason I bought it was because a few people have told me how transparent it is and how much it can do. It's got compressors and gates as well as fader and mute functions. The system on my new console only does fader and mutes and groups, but it's already installed. I just need to get the right monitor...
Old 13th January 2003
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Funny, I actually never hooked it up and sold it to Tony. The reason I didn't use it is because of the wiring. The VCA packs have one 1/4" TRS jack for the send and return while the Mackie uses a pair of jacks. If I had hooked it up I would've needed another patchbay and cabling so I didn't lose my inserts. While I don't really need them some of the freelancers do and having inserts around does come in handy at times for mults. So yeah, I bought the Mackie just because it was cheaper to hook up.

But, the times I've used Megamix in the past I've been very happy with it. Sounds great, easy to use and most freelancers over the age of 30 know how to use it which means it's respectable.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…