Quantcast
CraneSong PT's Plugin? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CraneSong PT's Plugin?
Old 10th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
CraneSong PT's Plugin?

I looked on the Cranesong website and saw they are coming out with a Cranesong Pro Tools Plugin. What you guys think of that?

Should they do it? Will it make a big difference?

Jules-This is your field here. I know you own the hardware. Would you get the plugin as well?

Thanx
M2E
Old 11th January 2003
Good question...

Free stuff is favorite! Like ... Beta tester copies! (hint hint)

but if it is HD only, I can't use it right now as I am still on mix +

I am really grooving on the Sony Dynamics plug in and it's 'warmer' right now...

There is always more room for warmth in digital audio....

Put another log on will ya!

Old 11th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Looking forward to the old Cranesong plug............as far as I've been told it will work with Mix.......however as an HD owner I would like to see some cool **** that doesnt work with older systems ..........that way I feel happy about the (money!!)move up.

The Sony comp smokes butt as plugings go, tried the Inflator and liked it in demo mode for a while, but then heard some bad distortion on certain freqs (gimmick).

The Cranesong is being sold only by Digi, anyone know when their gunna bring it out, 6 or 7 instances per chip.

The Tape algo from the Hedd is in there, Hedd users do you use that setting ????
Old 11th January 2003
"The Tape algo from the Hedd is in there, Hedd users do you use that setting ????"

sure, a lot..... mostly at mixdown on the mix buss
Old 11th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Cape
The Tape algo from the Hedd is in there, Hedd users do you use that setting ????
Actually, it's not. Dave made these similar, but the processesing in HEDD would have required wayyyyy too much horse-power for even one instance...
Old 11th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Okay I probably jumped the gun in regards to the algo, but they did say this about one of the settings on the plugin -

"Iridescent has a similar magnetic character, but with a fatter bottom and midrange. This plug-in is the most similar to the tape knob on HEDD-192."
Old 11th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
"Actually, it's not. Dave made these similar, but the processesing in HEDD would have required wayyyyy too much horse-power for even one instance..."

Do you know this for a fact? If so that suxors :( If that was the case than I would have rather had it as an Rtas/htdm plug....It would be nice if Digi would implement Chip spanning since this is starting to get sad..these chips will still be the same speed 2 years from now while native will be much faster...

There is hints i have been getting about a totally different mac architecture for sometime next year...it sounds something like more similar to the cube in someways then the current powermac...I guess this will mean that if I want to keep my HD system that it will be connected through a chassis which may not be bad I guess. having a silent computer close and having the pci and hardisks in another room.... rollz
Old 11th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
It's a fact. The plug is diff than the HEDD.
Old 12th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If anyone knows anything when it comes to Cranesong products, it's Brad Blackwood. He is almost a virtual employee and I believe he worked closely with the company in developing the IBIS (can't wait for mine)!!!

In answering to the use of the tape saturation, my answer is yes when I'm working with digital files.
There have been occasions where I used it on a 1/2" master where the level to tape was a little conservative and thus didn't get as much compression as was desired in the first place. It worked a treat. Remember there are no rules here.
I also have an ATR here and the HEDD has replaced it when it comes to transfers to it for that tape compression.

Other advantages the HEDD offes is the fact you can dial in how much effect you want. With the ATR you have to keep doing line ups etc. Generation loss and having to perform an extra conversion also don't help your cause. DACS on most CD players and DATs for instance aren't exactly the best place to start.

Cheers,

Tony Mantz.
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hey, the PSW Brad´s guys are almost all here! LOL
So how much for this Crane plugin?
Do the already have the demo version for PT Mix/9.2.2?
Thanks
Old 14th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
however as an HD owner I would like to see some cool **** that doesnt work with older systems ..........that way I feel happy about the (money!!)move up.

At last a PT owner telling it like it is.

Old 15th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Cape
as an HD owner I would like to see some cool **** that doesnt work with older systems ..........that way I feel happy about the (money!!)move up.
The Masenburg EQ will be HD only. From first hand experience I can say it is very cool.
Old 15th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Kevin wanna give some Sony EQ verse Massenberg EQ comparisons?
Old 15th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Well thats typical............. I buy the Oxford EQ (with GML curves???) and then I open my mouth about wanting HD only plug's and then 'What!!' HD only GML EQ.

Mmmm......one day I'll work out how to play this game.
Old 15th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I was fortunate to only see it and hear it...I don't have it to make side-by-side comparisons.

I will say this tho...I believe this will be one of th nicest EQ's around. Analog or digital.
Old 15th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
kewl I have been holding off buying the oxford eq because of this...hopefully it will be out soon....errr like tomorrow

Now if he would only release his Compressor plug-in
📝 Reply