The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BF Essentials
Old 10th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
BF Essentials

What about these fellas. There cheap, That's for sure. But I guess because there RTAS Plug's.
Is anybody using these? Thinking about getting the coloration plugin.

M2E
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Solve tracking and mix problems, and troubleshoot phase coherency using the BF EssentialTM Correlation Meter.

It works on stereo tracks or stereo submixes. Stop phase problems before they start! Ê
ÊBFÊEssentialTM Correlation Meter
HTDM/RTAS/MAS format. $69

I would have copied the picture of it but I don't know how to do that. Does anybody here?
Anyway, what is the difference in Phase and Coloration? I noticed when you pull up Bomb factory Plug's that the Coloration meter in SpectraFoo goes all the way to the +(Plus) sign.
Can somebody give me a understanding about that?

Thanx Guys
M2Egrggt
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bump because of this question.
Anyway, what is the difference in Phase and Coloration? I noticed when you pull up Bomb factory Plug's that the Coloration meter in SpectraFoo goes all the way to the +(Plus) sign.
Can somebody give me a understanding about that?

Thanx Guys
M2E
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Sorry Erik. I dont see $99 for a guitar tuner as a bargain. The asking price doesnt justify the amount of reserach and development that went in to it. I found a website recently for free VST's and in there was a a tuner that looked remarkably similar to yours and it was FREE. Is your one better than that one?? My simple $25 tuner does the trick just fine.

Q: Are you ever going to produce some plugs that actually do make any difference.

I dont mean to be rude but I have 2 that came bundled with an HD2 system and for the life of me (and I have tried) But the 1176 and LA2a just dont do anything for me or anyone else that has been sitting in on a session. Hoenstly I have tried. In fact every session I always give them a try.

Doesnt work on vocals. guitars, Bass, synths, and definitely not on the master buss. They sound either to much or not enough. There seems to be no happy medium. There is no character to them.

Dont want to hurt your fellings. But I reckon your thick skinned judging by the posts you leave on various forums

Am I doing something wrong?

I would be interested to hear how you use them and on what?
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
And another thing. You dont accept emails to allow downloads if one uses a hotmail or yahoo account.

Well, I cant try any of your plugins then.

Whats the reason behind that ?
Old 19th January 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
those remarks certainly dont seem of a belligerent nature. you really are ****ed in the head erik you paranoid twit [THATS belligerence]
Old 20th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This sort of uninformed anonymous attack is inappropriate for gearslutz and I'm not going to feed the trolls. Send me email with a real name and phone number, or take it to recpit.

Man you are crazier than my aunt Bella.

I'm not kiddding. I cant find a use for your plugins, and I think $$99 is to high for a guitar tuner.

So I see you havent changed a bit. Everywhere you go your true colours are alwys shown.

And Erik, I keep my proper email very private. If I cant download your plugs via a hotmail or yahoo account then I wont be downloading any of your demos.

And thats another customer (albeit a forced one) who will never buy another of your products.

You lose Erik, not me.

You are a crazy, twisted, and angry man that has much to learn.

PS
I still think your guitar tuner is to expensive.
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Now this is getting good! heh
Old 20th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Until then, no dice, free VST plug-in boy... in tights.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!grggt heh

Yes, I'm still laughing!
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Forgive for saying this Erik, but you are supposed to be in the business of selling plugin's to us.

US = (customers)
YOU = (business that wants customers to buy his products)

Irrespective of whether your products are brilliant, good, or a waste of money (I can't comment because I don't have any of them and have never used them in any places where they have them) surely a little more of a friendly approach would be desirable to get people on your side?

May be the above posters have alterier motives for trying to flame you and your products, however the point that was made above that $99 is a lot of money for a chromatic tuner is very valid. Whether a tuner can be saved with a particular PT project or not seems to me to be an irrelevence and I can't for the life of me understand why you will not give details ands instruction on how to get the best results from products you are selling. All the manufacturers that I have ever bought equipement from have always been only to happy to show off how you can set up there equipement/software in order to achieve the best results. Seems like good business sense to me.

My own personal point of view is that much software is well overpriced for what is afterall only intellectual property (like buying a music CD/Video). I think this is born out by the number of people that have made absolute fortunes from selling this sort of stuff. The usual arguement that to buy a hardware compressor is a lot more money is not really a valid one. Its like saying a bike should be 1/2 the price of a Rolls Royce because it can get you places without walking. R&D costs are fair and resonable, as is support and the intellectual property behind software, I don't think that anyone on this forum or any other would argue that, but to suggest that a chromatic tuner should sell for $99 because of the "Research and Developement " costs sounds unreasonable. I havent done a search, but I would like to bet there are several ones out there as freeware and shareware for significantly less. Other software firms like Vincent Burrel give away a significant number of freeware items and utilities as inducements to try and buy there mainstream plugin's!!

I'm sure that Lenny Kravitz does use one of your plugs for some of his vocals, pity you don't have a very high opinion of him being that he obviously endorses the use of your product. On that basis alone I wouldn't bring into question his ability musically.

Regards

Roland tut
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
To be honest, neither my typing or English skills are relevant to the points I was making.

My main issue was one of attitude where business was concerned. And be sure I am perfectly up to debating this and many other audio issues with you or anyone else.

The questions asked by Robin Hood (and the other merry men) are opinions, maybe valid, maybe not. As an outsider, and I don't know you from this or any other forum, I was slightly suprised at your attitude, particularly as someone in the position of needing "us" to buy your products in order to earn your living, perhaps you are already that rich you don't give a damn? My point 2!

I only just can not for the life of me understand why someone might not be able to download trial versions of your software using a yahoo or hotmail account, they look perfectly legitimate to me. I'm sure that your software like so many other peoples is probably flying around in cracked form on ftp servers all over the web.

Regards

Roland
Old 20th January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years

His smoking jacket perfectly ironed. Blue and red with matching slippers he steps thoughtfully in to the room as if he had forgotten something but wasnt quite sure. Slowly he glances around the room his pipe never leaving his mouth for it also added to his sterile concentration. There was a problem! "Where is it" he mumbled under his pipe filled mouth. "If we dont find this we wont get the album done" he said to himself but obviously feeling the strain.

"Alright Then George"

He jumped at the intruders voice. he turned around quickly for no reason other than he was startled!

"Ahhhh its you George eee boy"

"Aye Seems like your missing something ther lad"

"yes georgie, I cant find the DAM! tuner. The whole project will be lost, and forgotten if we dont find it"

"What do you mean george"

"I mean there will be NO SGT PEPPER ALBUM"

"HOLY ****E" Said george.

"Yes Georgie, its a serious thing. Erik's guitar tuner is a serious bit of KIT. How can we possibly finish the album without Eriks guitar tuner. I mean its only $99 and has a force gravitational head enlarger built in, not to mention a rather large dual multiringer EGO ehancement inducer"

"Aye george I know what you mean, I guess its the Bomb for us now then" Said george.

" DO YOU Georgie, DO YOU REALLY, REALLY, KNOW what the implications of not having this device means? WELL DO YOU?. I tell you Georgie when I slapped Eriks guitar tuner on to my guitar I TELL YOU BOY, I was playing like FIRE. That tuner of Eriks is a mighty fine electronic virtual device AND WE NEEED IT.

"Hold yur shorts up George. Its OK, Ringo has been using it in the toilet" Said george

"Ho Ho Ho, Ha Ha Ha. Your right there Georgie lad. It looks like the world will get SGT Peppers And who do we have to thank......ERIK and what do we have to thank GUITAR TUNER. Yippeeee were SAVED!"

Now, what was that you were saying you complete pre-pubescent small time, small minded, selfish, egocentric arrogant crap plugin maker of a man saying.

Am I an engineer YES
Am I a producer YES
Do I have HD Yes
Do I think your plugas are crap YES

Old 20th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Am I an engineer YES
Am I a producer YES
Do I have HD Yes
Do I think your plugas are crap YES
So, I guess Erik had you dialed from the start?

I'm sorry, but this thread is just hysterical!
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

Now that was funny...
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
relax yall ...
whats the problem ??? either you like pizza or you dont . why do you wanna argue about that ???

if you dont like it robin ... fine

if erik dont like that robin doesnt like it ... fine

on the other hand

i think it deserves respect that erik shows up . i was watching what happened on the duc . ( thats when i decided ... **** THE DUC ... hrhrhr ) . i never saw a discussion about , " well , are the manley combs really worth 4000 $$$ ( you had the chance here to ask ) , is digidesign to expensive , why do they charge 10000 $$$ for a lexicon " .

just in fact there are plugins for free , doesnt mean you get em all for free now ( maybe we should ask the companys ) . if the tuner would be 49 $ it would be the same discussion . so i dont see the point . tdm was always ( in fact of complex structure grggt ) more expensive compared to the non tdm versions .

i disagree that the BF plugs arent any good . i dont own em personal heh but what ive heard , they count to the best protools plugins available . in fact of innovation compared to the other manufacturers bombfactory came up with a cool & good sounding concept imho .

in the real world $99 for a tuner isnt to high . the only tuner i know besides the bf was the one from steinberg . this one was about 200$ . even a good solid hardware tuner is minimum $99 .

matterfact , showing up with a attitude that should show " MANNNNN I AM COOL " probably works at the corner round your block . acting like that is defenately "UNCOOLΒ³"
[ & it doesnt ****in matter who started ]

fuuck heh

P E A C E " i love yall "
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Not that I would question anyone here's technical competence, but haven't any of you guys ever heard of a tunning fork? They can be had for less than $10!!!!

How in hell we ever managed before the protools plugin tuner at $99 I will never know.

I always suspected that Sgt Peppers sounded out of tune, now I know why!!! lol

Regards

Roland
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
lets tune it by ear ... thats for free heh
Old 21st January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
So, I guess Erik had you dialed from the start?
Not sure exactly what you mean ?
Old 21st January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
if erik dont like that robin doesnt like it ... fine
But Eriks not fine with it is he. he was rather offended that someone didnt think his plugs were the Biz.

Anyway, I prefer these and they are very good value.

www.nomadfactory.com
Old 21st January 2003
Rab
KMR Audio

🎧 15 years
Hey! Another Eric Forum War... I'd love to go drinking with this guy, it must be like a western bar room brawl by the end of the night!?

Personally, I find it totally refreshing to see a supplier with a "[email protected]@k-you" attitude. What's the problem? If you like the plug-ins, buy them... if not, don't. It's like people who complain about crap on TV... you know where the off switch is! If it's getting personal, take revenge and use a crack (but don't complain when small companies go under and don't make cool plug-ins anymore). He's got a point... when you buy a car, you don't expect to to be taught how to drive it as part of the deal, and if someone told me my mixes were rubbish, I'm guessing I'd be a bit miffed as well!

Apart from anything else, forums would be a little blander without these (fairly regular) tiffs...

Go Eric!

Old 22nd January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Erik's gone a little over the top before, but not this time. He was answering a query respectfully until he was attacked. And then people have the audacity to claim that he's shown his true colors. Why don't I punch one of you guys in the nose, and then when you punch me back, I'll acuse you of showing me your true violent streak! Crazy hypocritical stuff!

And as to whether the LA-2/1176 plugs are any good - please! Red's a better colour than blue. All you guy's who like blue are color blind dick heads!

Personally I'm in the "I love the LA2/1176" plug camp. I love what they add to some vocals. I'm mixing a live concert at the moment where every singer has an LA2A as their last effect, and some are hitting it pretty damn hard! Smooth baby!

Before anyone acuses me of being a stooge for BF, ask yourself if this was discussion about Waves or Sony, and someone raved about how good their plugs were, would there be conspiracy theories then?

MIKEY
Old 22nd January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Enough about $ - how about the functionality!

Anybody actually used these?
I know...."download 'em yourself & Find out"

I'm particularly interested to hear other peoples opinions as well as developing my own.

Do you think the tuner is useful?
How about the clip remover?
Old 22nd January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I'm actually quite happy with my Classic Compressors bundle for HD. I think they're excellent tools and usualy have several running on all of my mixes. I'm just waiting for $$$ to purchase more BF goodies..

Cheers,
Jon

Erik: Keep up the good work
Old 22nd January 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Erik's gone a little over the top before, but not this time. He was answering a query respectfully until he was attacked. And then people have the audacity to claim that he's shown his true colors.

Eriks response is not from a 'Maverick' , 'Genius' Plugin developer. Its the response from a man that has issues regarding criticism of any kind.

If he was a 'Maverick' Genius! he wouldnt get himslelf involved in so many forum tragedies. And beleive me, he has and still does. I have seen them on many forums. It certainly brings attention to ho him and Bombfactory.

Is that part of his game? Everyone likes a 'maverick' dont they?. His attitude alone on many forums will ensure that some will always buy and enjoy his plugins. He comes across as one of the guys that isnt scared to speak his mind. Its going to be 50/50 who likes his attitude and who doesnt.

Yep, I cant help but think there is another agenda going on?yuktyy
Old 27th January 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
****, baby, turn off the fooking television. Whup up some popcorn and we're watchin' Gearslutz.
πŸ“ Reply