Quantcast
helpfull headphone website? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
helpfull headphone website?
Old 5th January 2003
helpfull headphone website?

Have a look here...

http://www.goodcans.com/

Bob Clearmountain is said to use the Grado headphones...

See what you think....

Old 6th January 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I have the Grado 225's and I really like them. Not the most comfortable set, but they are so clean and accurate. I really feel like I can trust them. When I turn my speakers back on there are no "surprises" .
Old 6th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I have whatever the top wooden Grados are, rebadged under the "Alessandro series" moniker to sell to pro audio (or some such thing). I got them when a band I'd just spent 20 hours with tipped me. My love for them is as fierce and blinding as the light of one thousand suns, even though the foam "padding" (yeah-right) is giving me cauliflower ears.

You see, friends, I have children and work in a very small market. As such, we haven't quite gotten around to building my media room with its 5.1 laser aligned sound reinforcement pod (remote included) after paying for dinner. When i need to check mixes at home (or just do a little casual listening) I need to retreat to the privacy of a pair of headphones. They must sound correct. No chlidren must be awakened, to start anew their endlessly entertaining high - pitched keening for attention.

I digress. When I got the Grados, I could tell what the humidity in the control room was as it changed from day to day during the mixing of KD Lang's "Ingenue". I could hear that CDs had gotten to be too bright, and that bottom was slowly being carved away as mastering engineers started taking over our listening experience. I could hear my ****ups.

My boss, god love him, prefers the Sennheiser 600 whatevers. He's wrong. Wood, man! Wood! Hand made!

Wood!
Old 7th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Jules are you looking for info on headphones ?

Try these:

http://www.head-fi.org/

http://headwize2.powerpill.org/ubb/forums.php

But remember these are audiophile sites. You'll find people who think headphone cables (wire) make a big difference in sound* quality, and other wacky ideas like that, on these boards.

---------

* it really does
📝 Reply