Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
New Focusrite Quad Mic-Pre

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/...-Pre-Pack.html
Old 4th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
mummy.. can you please change my sheets... its happened again!...

How much is the next question and we ALL need to get some reports going... 192 AD.. is gona be sweet as!!!!.. how will it interface via PTHD?... i thought digi had made it all proprietry so other could not lock up?

pls enlighten this digital 'luddite'...

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 4th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Uuuhh, gives me the creeps.......grudge
Old 4th January 2003
Founder

Shame they didnt just fit 16 of those pres in the Control24

Looks like it will be a popular unit.
Old 4th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
How much $$ ?

/Mats
Old 4th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
interesting... those are peak meters, not VU.
-dg
Old 5th January 2003
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
RED 1 for the 2003?

the first thing i notice is...they still put "rupert neve designed..." in there. wondering how true that statement is. i mean...he has left the company for a long time now and are the circuits inside "truly" a neve designed? do the ppl now in focusrite cut corners and change the design to save the building cost?

dave hill and summit....hmm....

anyway, it's just a thought i have...doesn't really mean anything...
Old 5th January 2003
VIP

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by nOiz
RED 1 for the 2003?

the first thing i notice is...they still put "rupert neve designed..." in there. wondering how true that statement is. i mean...he has left the company for a long time now and are the circuits inside "truly" a neve designed? do the ppl now in focusrite cut corners and change the design to save the building cost?

dave hill and summit....hmm....

anyway, it's just a thought i have...doesn't really mean anything...
A quote from their pdf brochure: "Rupert Neve was not directly involved in the design of this product"

The 110 series still does sound great, though.
Old 5th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Same pre allegedly as in the 110, 220 & 430, which all sound good to me. Nice price, too.
Old 6th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Same pre as "xxx", what about the power supply? The digital option? (sounds almost like John Oram is lurking somewhere)

/Mats
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
How much??

Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
how will it interface via PTHD?... i thought digi had made it all proprietry so other could not lock up?
Standard digital outputs (AES. S/PDIF, ADAT) so it can interface with anything...you'll still need to buy one of Digi's boxes to interface with the HD systems.

Quote:
I imagine the statement's as true as it is for any of their stuff...even thought Rupert Neve wasn't directly involved in the design of this box, it uses the same preamps as the other ISA and Red-series stuff.

Quote:
Same pre as "xxx", what about the power supply? The digital option? (sounds almost like John Oram is lurking somewhere)
I don't know about the power supply, but the digital option is supposed to be something new. I heard that the basic unit (without digital option) is supposed to list for about $2K US, but I haven't seen that officially anywhere yet...

-Duardo
πŸ“ Reply