Quantcast
Pro Tools HD - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools HD
Old 24th December 2002
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Pro Tools HD

Just a quick question, I just recently purchased PT HD system, and of course theres very little plug ins that come with it.

A friend of mine has an older mix system, but loaded with plugs. He has just updated, and I was wondering, are they compatible with the HD format as well if he gave me some copies etc, of a few that i dont have?

-dano
Old 24th December 2002
mmm
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
If he gave me some copies? tut tut

No they won't work! Buy your upgrades or use a less expensive system. Don't steal!
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
no plugin that works on MIX will work on HD or vice versa. Neither will any plugin from MIX or HD work in PT6 / OS X.

THe upgrade paths from mix compatible to HD have in most (if not all) cases been more then fair and reasonable. And as far as I can tell, most plugins will be upgraded for free if you decide to go PT6 / OSX.

You have to be a registered user to upgrade of course ...
Old 25th December 2002
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Chris, thanks for the info. MMM I am actually buying most to all of my plug ins, just literally three that i wanted that didnt come with the packages.

Again thanks to you both, and talk to ya soon.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…