Quantcast
Expansion chassis PT....How many mix farms are you running? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Expansion chassis PT....How many mix farms are you running?
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Expansion chassis PT....How many mix farms are you running?

Looks like we'll expand our mix+ rig and will need an expansion chassis. Will a mix capable chassis work if we upgrade to HD in a year or so oris it diferent box ?

How many Mix farms are other PT users running, how many would allow you to work comfortably without dsp walls?
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
We used to run a Mix 8 system + 2 dsp farms in a 13 slot expansion chassis. That kept us comfortably away from dsp walls. I do remember running out of dsp with a mix 6 system once ... huge session 55+ tracks. Never ran out of dsp with the mix 8 and I do tend to do it the "charles dye" way from time to time.

About that chassis ... make absolutely sure you have the LATEST firmware version of whatever chasis you're getting if you want to have the least chance that is will continue to work with HD in a year ... that's my very humble opinion. Those chasis things tend to go out of date from time to time .... more due to newer macs then to digi but that's what happens. Good luck ....
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
My current set up is a mix +,+,+,+,+,+,+ (7) and all the rest are filled up with DSP farms for a marathon racked 9600 with G3 processor. Digi doesn't recomend this, and when I first got into this set up, I couldn't find 13 node ribbon cables. If I'm getting DSP intensive, the vintage DSP's will screw up ECHOFARM, but I don't run into that TOO often.
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Can you guys tell me a little about the old DSPs and the new DSPs? I found a guy selling a TDM Core system... is this the old model? What are the differences?
Old 24th December 2002
Founder

Mix core + 4 mix farms + one old DSP farm

Wanna sell old farm & GET 2 FINAL Mix farms to fill my 7 slotter exp chassis
๐Ÿ“ Reply