Fatso uses and setting? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fatso uses and setting?
Old 15th December 2002
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Fatso uses and setting?

What are you guys using your Fatso's for and how are you setting it for various applications? So far it's mainly lived on the drums for me (snare and kick when tracking, drum buss for mixes).
Old 15th December 2002
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Snare set on "bus" compression with "warmth" on 3 or 4. Kick on "bus" compression with tranny in and no warmth.
Old 15th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I use it on bass and guitar tracks as well.

For bass, tranny in with a couple db of the 1176 type compressor normally after a dbx 160 vu. For guitars no compression just a little warmth to help round them out a little.

I think the more you things you track thru the fatso the easier stuff comes together when you mix. As long as you dont go overboard with it, but using a little bit of the warmth feature doesnt seem to hurt almost anything.
Old 16th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Today it was kick with tracking comp and tranny - squashed 10 to 15 db. Also bass with tracking comp 5 to 7 db of compression. Useful tool.
Old 16th December 2002
Founder

On MY productions:

Live band tracking

Sn - warmth 3
Kick - warmth 3

Overdubbing - almost everything gets warmth settings between 2 & 4

I use it A LOT!

mixdown... Lead vocal & sometimes bass.. get 'warmed' as the last piece of outboard in the chain.. (after any eq or compression)

I rarely use the compression and when 'warming stuff, I get several lights going on the 'warmth meter'.

On stuff recorded elsewhere - I put it on the 2 elements that sound the most harsh or that have an annoying high frequency problem that needs smoothing over..
๐Ÿ“ Reply